More transfer rumours

midds

I fear some people who talk as if a whole new squad is going to be bought are going to be disappointed. They may spend more than they announce in advance but all talk is about taking it slow. 

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I fear some people who talk as if a whole new squad is going to be bought are going to be disappointed. They may spend more than they announce in advance but all talk is about taking it slow. 

Think it will be somewhere in between, we won’t replace the whole team, however they sold the dream to Bruno so they will have a big plans this summer.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

As the saying goes; I’ll show my arse in Fenwicks Window if we sign Pickford. It makes no sense on any level.

The scenes from the unwashed would be worth it 😅

A friend of mine, who likes a tale but usually fesses up, was on a Newcastle to Heathrow flight today. He swears blind that Lewandowski was on it. No sly photos or anything to back it but he’s not backing down.

I don’t even know why I’m posting this. So if it is windup and you’re reading this - cheers, done me up. I really don’t like posting anything I can’t at least try and validate. He may also just be bad with faces.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

A friend of mine, who likes a tale but usually fesses up, was on a Newcastle to Heathrow flight today. He swears blind that Lewandowski was on it. No sly photos or anything to back it but he’s not backing down.

I don’t even know why I’m posting this. So if it is windup and you’re reading this - cheers, done me up. I really don’t like posting anything I can’t at least try and validate. He may also just be bad with faces.

Surely he would just take a private jet to/from newcastle? 

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

His Auntie lives in Woolsington.

8 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Why would he fly from Newcastle to London? Not even a direct flight back to  Germany. He’s totally stitched you up :lol:

8 hours ago, Tsunami said:

:lol:

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

What do people expect this summer then? 3 or 4 including Targett? 

Yeah, will be exciting but I don’t expect Nunez or anyone of his ilk. We’ll get a centre forward, a creative midfielder of some kind, another winger and a centre back. 

I think the biggest thing will be outgoings. Be very interesting to see who goes as a lot of the fringe players have exceeded expectations since Christmas.

As likeable as Almiron is, I wouldn’t have mind seeing the back of him until recently. Now I think he’d be pretty decent deputy to any new signing we get (along with Fraser).

We will sign at least one "Bruno" signing, by that i mean someone better than we thought we would get. Most of our star signings will come from abroad.

Think the following will leave:

Gayle

Ritchie

Fernandez

Clark

Lewis

Manquillo

M Longstaff

Darlow

Woodman

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Miggy and/or Murphy go either.

Leaves us with a squad of:

Dubravka, Gillespie

Trippier, Schar, Lascelles, Burn, Dummett, Krafth

Joelinton, Shelvey, Willock, Bruno, Longstaff

Fraser, ASM, Wood, Wilson, Miggy/Murphy,

To add to that I’d imagine we’ll sign 6 players. Along the lines of a keeper, CB, LB, CM, RW and ST, plus maybe one or two up come coming players.

If I was going to take a punt on signings I’d say Dean Henderson, Targett, Paqueta, Lingard, Botman and Toney.

If Pickford was good enough I'd be happy to have him, it's kind of cute when a player goes from getting dog's abuse to playing for you - and it'd be funny to see the mackems. I don't watch him that much but he doesn't seem great - but then maybe I just see him when he's being talked about for a mistake, or v us when his head's gone.

Personally not expecting a midfielder. They made a big point about Hayden only missing out on the squad because of injury and with Longstaff staying on as well I think they'll leave that area now. 

Guest HTT II

We will sign 5 high quality players for the first team, and I include Targett In that and a few players for the squad, 7 max I’d say. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, The Butcher said:

We don't need more squad players.

We need 4-5 quality starters.

We will likely lose a lot of the current squad players so they will essentially need replaced…

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

We don't need more squad players.

We need 4-5 quality starters.

By ‘squad player’, I’d say that also means young high potential players like Ekitike who won’t be playing every game, but could fill an automatic first team position in 2-3 years all going well.