More transfer rumours

midds

Hojbjerg is a massive improvement over Shlevey, like. 

Great character and commitment, really good engine and fitness levels and does a very solid job of breaking up play and keeping it simple. 

Just absolutely bossed the France midfield last week. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Great character and commitment, really good engine and fitness levels and does a very solid job of breaking up play and keeping it simple. 

A dead horse is a massive improvement on Shelvey, even the much improved Shelvey!

13 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Tbh he was very close to being MOTM in all four Nations League games Denmark has just played. Really good player.

Hojberg in the holding role in a 3 is very good tbf. Not good enough for the elite level as he’s not particularly press-resistant; top opposition teams tend to target him for their pressing triggers because of this. Despite that, he’d be a very solid signing imo.

Bissouma is the superior player (albeit different) so I’d be slightly annoyed that we’d be paying more for PEH but it is what is I guess.

I think I’d rather we took a punt on Sangare for similar money though.

56 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I like Hojberg. Does all the boring stuff well. 

A defensive CM who does that should not be underrated, especially considering the mediocre ones we've had down the years/

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Hoijberg is a great player. Absolutley wild to say he's a nothing player. Waiting for the pace merchants to say he's not good enough. 

Perception of a player’s pace seems to depend upon if he wants to sign or or not 😉

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Much more concise way of saying it :lol:. He strikes me as a perfect CM for a Prem League club that is up-and-coming, and a perfect backup CM for a PL club that has already come.

wink-mohanlal.gif

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe's role for Shelvey suggests he want's a deep lying playmaker so I'm not sure what's so mad about expecting a 30+ year old Eriksen to play there [emoji38]

He's not going to sit behind the striker 

It does seem like Eriksen could transition well into a deep-lying playmaker role as he gets up there in age (and given his health issues). Always had an eye for the pass.