More transfer rumours

midds

The players they've let go over the years is mad - Coman, Diaby, Nkunku. All Paris-born too.

Imagine having the greatest catchment area in the world football for talent, presenting a readymade base and identity, and instead buying all foreign superstars. Drab.

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

As predicted.

I only started watching Ligue 1 this season, but Aguerd does look good. He reads the game well and is comfortable on the ball, he's also absolutely rapid. Hard to believe he isn't West Ham bound though.

Just watching his highlights and he looks an incredible athlete. Wow.

If this goes through instead of Botman, there'll be no 'slow' jokes that's for sure :lol: 

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

The players they've let go over the years is mad - Coman, Diaby, Nkunku. All Paris-born too.

Imagine having the greatest catchment area in the world football for talent, presenting a readymade base and identity, and instead buying all foreign superstars. Drab.

It's so incredibly stupid man :lol: 

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

What's the craic with Duvan Zapata these days? We were strongly linked in January before we splashed out on Wood.

He's 31 or something close, and they wanted £40m for him. You can understand why we thought nah, we'll try for Ekiteke instead.

Even if we don't get him, I'm sure we'll find someone willing to sell a quality 30 yr old striker for a not too stupid fee. We are going to have to accept we'll pay a bit extra for the next year or two.

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I think I’d prefer Aguerd, honestly but both have their strengths. I’d be really happy if this went through. Sick of the Botman saga.

I haven't really seen too much of Rennes and never really paid a lot of attention to their defenders, but all the write ups on the guy are really good, and just watching his clips he does look a fantastic athlete. Just seems to be a bit more of an under the radar player.

I imagine we have started by targeting the highest profile players to see if any would be interested and then starting to work our way down to alternative options that are still talented, but not quite as high profile, and so more straightforward to do deals for.

Edited by KaKa

At this point it makes more sense to sign this new guy than it does signing Botman.

Know nothing of him but he can't he that much of a step down from Botman and more importantly it would set exactly the right tone and precedent for other clubs who'll try and stiff us this summer. 

Edit: After doing some YouTube scouting and reading the comments of my fellow scouts, I am now convinced he is the second coming of Christ and we should definitely sign him.

Edited by Thumbheed

Right now I'm feeling pretty Bi-Polar, I go from thinking howay NUFC pull your finger out and get these deals done, thinking that everything is a disaster if we don't sign two players which I haven't even watch 90 mins of. 

But I think all of that is still a hangover from the Ashley era. I have to remind myself that we have extremely competent people in charge of the club and a whole raft of targets on our list. The thought of Ashworth calms me down a lot.

Edited by STM

Don't think I've ever been more relaxed about a transfer window. I do know we'll be much better come the end of August, and we'll never have to worry about relegation or losing our best players again. The last one isn't completely true, but hey.

Seeing other teams (Liverpool, Tottenham, Villa, Southampton) signing players we've previously been linked with, while our own deals for Botman and Ekitike stall, is getting me kind of nervous about the actual capabilities of our recruitment staff and buying power under our new owners. That's not to say I'm about to start screeching that we're shit or the new owners aren't up to the job, though it does cause the smallest of doubts to creep in over whether the reported wealth and backing that was touted as part and parcel of being owned by the PIF was actually realistic.

... before anyone says it, yes, I know we've had years of mis-management and neglect but I can't help feeling things are being done a little slowly, with new players and new facilities.

... what I need to do is remember that whatever happens, we're still in a place a million times better than we were under Ashley!

*edit:  actually, I think @STM's comment above is where I'm at right now [emoji38]

Edited by Armchair Pundit

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Surprised a city as big as Paris with so much talent coming through don't have another Ligue 1 team. I know they've got Red Star and Paris FC but you'd think there might be more like London do