More transfer rumours

midds

Nketiah gives us something different to Wood up top and could possibly even cover the wide forward areas. I’m not against it if we’re interested. Especially as Wilson can’t stay fit and there is no guarantee he is back at the start of March. 

Targett seems a bit pointless. Would mean we’d have 4 options at left back. All of them can defend pretty well, but not great going the other way. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Nketiah gives us something different to Wood up top and could possibly even cover the wide forward areas. I’m not against it if we’re interested. Especially as Wilson can’t stay fit and there is no guarantee he is back at the start of March. 

Targett seems a bit pointless. Would mean we’d have 4 options at left back. All of them can defend pretty well, but not great going the other way. 

What have an unfit Wilson and nketiah got in common? 

they can’t score goals 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think we can all agree that whatever happens or doesn’t happen, it’s nice going into a deadline day with the club trying to sign players. Brilliant feeling knowing we can actually enjoy it this year.

Even  better going in with 4 confirmed signings.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

We’ve got your man Chris Wood. I know you’re a big fan of his. I’m sure we’ll be fine. 

With Wilson injured. Wood and nketiah would be near the top of worst striker options in the PL. hard to think of a side with worse options apart from Norwich 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

What have an unfit Wilson and nketiah got in common? 

they can’t score goals 

You're like a broken record on this one man :lol: if we sign him, it's an additional body that we wouldn't have had under Ashley. 

We've clearly been exhaustive in our search elsewhere, I'm confident that if our business ends with Nketiah, it's the best they've been able to do in a window where clubs don't want to sell, and players aren't compelled to join a relegation battle. 

He offers something different. We badly lack someone who's able to make runs in behind. Willock looked an equally strange deal last winter and he went on to keep us in the league. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

With Wilson injured. Wood and nketiah would be near the top of worst striker options in the PL. hard to think of a side with worse options apart from Norwich 

I mean, he’s low down my list of attacking options. Obviously it would be nice if we were getting someone like Zapata or Origi. Lingard to cover a few positions. Even one of the players from Ligue 1 that we have been linked with. But I’m not as down on Nketiah as others. 

He’s been a bit part player for most of his career and he is still pretty young. I think his movement and positioning has often been good when I’ve seen him. Just a bit hit and miss with the finishing. 

If he managed to get a run of games for us, then who knows? Either way, I think he’d offer something different and be an option off the bench at the very least. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

You're like a broken record on this one man :lol: if we sign him, it's an additional body that we wouldn't have had under Ashley. 

We've clearly been exhaustive in our search elsewhere, I'm confident that if our business ends with Nketiah, it's the best they've been able to do in a window where clubs don't want to sell, and players aren't compelled to join a relegation battle. 

He offers something different. We badly lack someone who's able to make runs in behind. Willock looked an equally strange deal last winter and he went on to keep us in the league. 

people suggesting he’s anything but shite probably because it’s the new owners trying to sign him is a trigger for me :lol:

if Ashley tried to sign him on loan no one would he saying they’d be happy with him. It’s a weird thing that we can’t criticise anything the new owners do. We need a goalscorer and this would see us fall short. 

Anyway I’ve had my say. I’m sure we’ll revisit when he signs and scores 1 or 10 goals :lol: