More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

There's only Villa and Everton who've been as active in the transfer market and I'd rate the quality of our incomings/business higher than theirs, aside from perhaps Coutinho, who I'm not especially arsed about missing out on. 

Agreed mate. Hopefully we can get a more attacking player in too though. 

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

‘A strong chance’ to ‘highly unlikely’ in an hour or so :lol: Some proper minging sources these journos have at the minute.

:lol: Imagine being a professional journalist and Luke Edwards out-ITKing you. Just hang it up, Craig. 

19 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Henderson's not that good imo.

I agree

Lots of keepers look good when playing for crap teams (Sheff Utd) but his stint at the end of last season wasn't that impressive from what I saw

I have no issue with upgrading on Dubravka at some point but I think we can do better than Henderson 

5 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Desperate for pace up top. Wilson seems a lot more top heavy these days and Wood can barely run. Don't have to get a prolific goalscorer just someone who wants to run in behind defences. 

We need a pressing striker badly

1 hour ago, robbo_11 said:

At present is it 4 players that need to be added to the 25 man squad? You would think Woodman will not make the cut after this window, but who else gets cut/sold with just over a day remaining?

You would think Howe wouldn't want 3 mixing with the U23 if they won't be around. 

Hendrick won’t, Gayle will if we don’t sign another striker, Fernandez or Clark will probably move on now we have Burn if anyone will take them of course. Darlow also if we sign a keeper, also can’t really see where Matty Longstaff fits in even though we recalled him.

Edited by Nine

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

Hendrick won’t, Gayle will if we don’t sign another striker, Fernandez or Clark will probably move on now we have Burn if anyone will take them of course. Darlow also if we sign a keeper, also can’t really see where Matty Longstaff fits in even though we recalled him.

Wasn’t there rumours matty was going to Harrogate on loan 

Just now, gdm said:

Wasn’t there rumours matty was going to Harrogate on loan 

There was, clearly the lad isn’t deemed good enough for prem level football anymore. He’s fallen a long way since scoring the winner against Man United 

Just now, Nine said:

There was, clearly the lad isn’t deemed good enough for prem level football anymore. He’s fallen a long way since scoring the winner against Man United 

The kid must seriously regret not going to Italy when he had the chance 

Just now, Slim said:

Very strange VDB would go to Everton.  Was his reason he didn't

want to be in relgation fight to not come here

Maybe he just wanted an easy commute until he can get back to Europe.

Just now, McCormick said:

1 of Lingard, Ali or Dembele and I think we’re done. Bound to be another big bid for another CB (Inacio or whoever) rejected on the last day too, I reckon.

We won't be buying another CB IMO. I doubt we'd have spent £13m on Dan Burn if there was much prospect of getting one of our top prospects in that dept.

A pacy striker with goal threat and that will be enough I think. We can't rely on Wood or a lengthy Wilson return in March.