More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

We won’t get them done. We’re clearly looking to structure deals in a way that is likely to require negotiation. If we were to change that approach, we’d have done it by now (see Botman and Carlos as examples). We’re also getting to a point where clubs won’t consider selling if they don’t have to, because they’re equally up against it in trying to find a replacement.

But by that logic hardly any deals across the board would get done on deadline day, but we know for a fact that it’s the busiest day of the whole window ?

Even if the logic of clubs needing to get replacements in holds true, there would still be excellent players out there where the clubs obviously are eager to ship them out - Aaron Ramsey, Dembele, Lingard. I'd happily take them on on deadline day - we'd just need to structure some sort of wage-sharing structure.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Is it? Feels like the frenzy - blown up by SSN’s coverage - peaked some years ago and it’s more often than not a damp squib now.

I’ll be honest I haven’t really bothered with the last few so you could be right, I do remember the times I watched them it being busy.

Matt Targett https://theathletic.com/news/newcastle-keen-to-sign-aston-villas-matt-targett-but-deal-not-close/Hjyew9uGtMZ0/

A deal is not yet in place for Targett, though Newcastle have registered their interest and he is understood to be one of a number of targets the club are still pursuing. At this stage, however, a deal appears unlikely, though the pace of change on deadline day could see that alter.

37 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I don’t dispute that it could be mental in terms of rumours, but actual signings? Nah.

But I didn't say it would be mental for signings mate :lol: 

Edited by Thiago

Now dreaming this bit of Bruno business opens a few last minute doors to some previously out-of-reach players who now know we're well and truly serious about pushing on. 

Edited by wormy

Just not sure that Targett fits Howe style all that well, hes a defensively solid LB but is very lacking going forward. Perhaps we are struggling with the better LB targets we had so this is sort of a stop gap signing until the summer, he would however provide nice cover for ASM on that side. 

Edited by Nine