More transfer rumours

midds

13 minutes ago, STM said:

It took 4 days to get the Bruno deal done.

If we sign anyone from abroad I bet any money they don't do a medical abroad. Bruno was only because he was on international duty.

I imagine our targets are set. It’ll be etikite or nketiah or nothing. Plans will be in place to move fast if it’s Etikite. It’s really not unheard of for players to do Medicals wherever it’s convienent. I know it’s not abroad Alan sheared did his medical in Manchester he didn’t have to come to newcastle 

Edited by gdm

Honestly would rather Zapata for an extra 10m or so, this guy is too much of an unknown quantity

when you think Bruno was 35m Hugo seems overpriced in comparison in terms of what he has achieved

we can’t be buying potential right now

Just now, kingxlnc said:

Honestly would rather Zapata for an extra 10m or so, this guy is too much of an unknown quantity

when you think Bruno was 35m Hugo seems overpriced in comparison in terms of what he has achieved

I’d love Zapata but we apparently offered more than enough they just don’t want to sell. 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

I agree, our situation is not ideal for this guy currently. He looks like he weighs around 40kg. We need a striker that's ready to go now. I hope I'm proved wrong however.

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

33m for Ekitike would take it to £125 million spend. Mental. 

That is big money for January by any standards.  We are essentially speculating the losses (and some) that we would incur by going down (c.£50M+) to hopefully ensure it does not happen, which we have to do.  All the players signed, and indeed those that might, would all make the squad much better.  We would have a strong chance to staying up IMO now and most of these will have a role in next season too.

Be interesting to see who leaves today as well, hoping for Clark, Hendrick and Kraft for starters.  

Would then go down as one of the best transfer windows ever, surely. 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

I agree, our situation is not ideal for this guy currently. He looks like he weighs around 40kg. We need a striker that's ready to go now. I hope I'm proved wrong however.

The stats/data on Ekitike look good. Mbappe comparisons have inflated price I'm sure