More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, LRD said:

Yeah, we should have a good idea of survival in March. Once we look good, get the technical director and CEO in, then we can plan for next season.

I’d get them in ASAP usually they have a small input on the team another pair of eyes to oversee things.

10 minutes ago, LRD said:

Yeah, we should have a good idea of survival in March. Once we look good, get the technical director and CEO in, then we can plan for next season.

Yeah, this needs to be handled right away, the division we are in shouldn’t have much of an impact for these roles as long as the money is there. 

13 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I'd go for Jesus if City get haaland.

Always liked Jesus when he wasn't getting so much game time, is he still at that level these days or is he starting to drop off a bit?

2 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Henderson

Trippier             Botman                                  Sule       Spinazzola

Camavinga

Bellingham                      Bruno

ASM                                                                                Carrasco

Nunez

You can go for any keeper and you are having Henderson? 

My Wishlist (Realistic) - I avoid any "big" club i.e. clubs which can/would spend £50m+ on a player except one from A.Madrid but think they would sell this one as he's not one of their stars

Goalkeeper

Not sure - wanted Onana but he went to Inter, Navas is a bit old whilst the others are gambles e.g. Simon Unai (Bilbao) and Bijlow (Feyenoord) - latter is injury prone. Not fan of Henderson because he failed when given opportunity at Man Utd but might be worth a loan with option to buy so we can test him.

Center Backs

Sven Botman (Lille) - solid 22yo with CL experience and wants to come. Left footed. Most people know about him now but quality passer. Just lacks a bit of pace.

Diego Carlos (Seville) - 28 but with plenty of experience and wants to come. Older but best to mix old with young. Has the pace to compliment Botman well.

Jurrien Timber (Ajax) - 20 versatile CB (can play anywhere at the back and even midfield). Breakout season with Ajax last year, nullified Haaland in the CL. Van Dijk like - just a little small (5ft 9) but very solid. Would be perfect as right of back 3 as he is a good dribbler and can bring ball out of defence. Ajax trained so good passer.

James Tarkwoski (Burnley) - 29 EPL experience, simply because he's a FREE, would be a good squad player (replace outgoing Schar and Dummett whose contracts expire at end of season and Clark who will be sold)

Maxence Lacroix (Wolfsburg) - 21 This guy was a world beater 2 seasons ago, R.Madrid wanted him. Slight dip this season with Wolfsburg going from CL to relegation candidates. Could be available at a good price. Very similar to Saliba at Arsenal who is seen as one of the best CB in France at the moment. High skill ceiling.

Edmond Tapsoba (Leverkusen) - 23 CB. One of the best CB stats wise, wins ball and reads the game well. Very similar to Salisu (Southampton) but a better passer. He shined for Burkina Faso's semi final run at AFCON. Leverkusen highly value him so he won't be cheap. Only Wirtz is more valuable to them and that includes a team which has Schick and Diaby (see below).

Wing Backs

Borna Sosa (Stuttgart) - 24 attacking Left WB. One of the best crossers, likened to Beckham but is slightly weaker on defensive aspect. Would work well in a 3-4-3 as LM/WB

Liberato Cace (Sint Truiden) - 21 best left full back in the A league (Australia). The kiwi reminds me a lot of Kieran Tierney, would be relatively cheap and has a high skill ceiling. Think he would cope well in the EPL and is good going forward and back. Being a kiwi he would adapt to English lifestyle much easier than Europeans and we have Wood here. Would be an excellent squad player/ punt and could even become first choice.

Renan Lodi (A. Madrid) - 23, LB played with Guimaraes in Brazil. Fast and good crosser. Classical attacking Brazilian but a little suspect defensively. 

Noussair Mazraoui (Ajax) - 24 RB who is competent going back and forth. Scores and assists. Refusing to sign contract so available on a FREE. The Moroccan is described to be the next Hakimi so potentially world class. Expect some tops clubs to be after him in the Summer.

Midfielder

Boubacar Kamara (Marseille) - 22 DM/CB Can play in midfield or the back. Technically astute, good passer and reads the game well. FREE in the summer and wanted by CL clubs. His utility would be really useful. 

Aurelien Tchouameni (Monaco) - 22 DM, best ball winner in any of the top 5 leagues. Already a France international and brilliant ball carrier. Described as new Kante but much bigger (6ft 2) and stronger. Wanted by Chelsea among others as replacement for Kante.

Maxene Caqueret (Lyon) - 21 DM, Guimaraes partner in crime at Lyon. This guy sits slightly deeper and did the covering work. Very good passer and highly regarded.

There are some other quality midfielders but I'll just list them as they don't fit with the 3-4-3 I want but they are equally excellent and here they are: Yves Bissouma (Brighton) - more an anchorman,  Amadou Haidara (RB Leipzig) more box-box. I also might have Fabian in this list but his defensive numnbers aren't great and he's quite slim so I worry about EPL physicality. Quality whilst we're in possession, he could be like David Silva.

Wingers

Raphinha (Leeds) - 25 RW/LW. Skilful dribbler with an end product. Creates a lot and decent finisher. Brazil international and just genuine quality. Might be pricey though. 

Antony (Ajax) - 21 RW/LW. Another left footer, similar to Raphinha, loves to play as an inside forward and cut in. Good crosser and reminds me a lot of Mahrez and Ziyech. Probably a cheaper and younger option than Raphinha but the latter has EPL experience.

Brennan Johnson (Forest) - 20 RW/LW/ACM/CM/LM/RM/CF/DM Yes, he can/ has played in ALL those roles. Wonderful utility player with genuine pace. Tore it up in League 1, excelling in the championship. Confident he can make the step up. Question is he just EPL quality or a worldy like Bellingham? Definitely worth the £20m punt. Would be our attacking version of James Milner.

Lucas Paqueta (Lyon) - 24. ACM/RW. BBF with Guimaraes. Never hit the heights at AC Milan but excelling again at Lyon. Scores and assists in double figures. May be a bit pricey, Lyon rejected a £50m bid apparently in January. 

Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen) - 22 LW Pacy winger who was a PSG reject.  8 goals and 6 assists so far, expect both to reach double figures. Formidable front three with Schick and Wirtz, we were interested in him in Jan.

Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig)  - 24 RW/AM/CF Another PSG reject who is more of a natural goal scorer (inside and outside the box). 9 goals and 9 assists. Pace, strength he has it all. Reminds me a lot of Gnabry.

There are actually a ton of attacking wingers I rate, but again think the above work best in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 OR am not sure they would cut it in the EPL. Some other names include Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig), Mikel Oyarzabal (Sociedad), Rafael Leao (AC Milan).

Center Forwards

Patrik Schick (Leverkusen) - 26 CF. Genuine number 9. Left and Right footed as well as excellent in the air. Had trouble at Roma but coming good again after an amazing Euros. 18 goals in 17 games shows he can be prolific. Only prolific striker on this list and that's why he gets a slot - only shame is he is slightly on the older side and only been prolific this season. Can lead the line though.

Darwin Nunez (Benfica) - 22 CF/RW/LW. Highly technical, a mix of Cavani and Suarez but not as strong or skillful as those two. Fox in the box with a good finishing touch. Does not lead the line for a Benfica in a 4-3-3, normally plays wing or part of a front two. Could be a worldy but I'd buy him for a wing role in a 3 man attack and used as a striker depending on his progress.

Jonathan David (Lille) - 22 CF. Big strong CF that can lead the line. Starting to add more goals to his game. Could he become prolific? Maybe, like Nunez he's a fox in the box. Excellent in 1v1.

I'm a bit skeptical about the other Strikers. Isak doesn't score enough, Vlahovic (my number 1) is gone, Haaland is out of reach while Dominic Calvert Lewin had a bad injury and has yet to show consistency over a few seasons. There are actually quite a few good young astern European prospects like Adam Hlozek and Benjamin Sesko (FM favourite) but who knows if they will work. This site has tonnes of fascinating reads for anyone interested.

Young Eastern European Future Stars: https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/2021/07/19/five-eastern-europeans-stars-2021-22-season/

The website in general with lots of interesting articles: https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/

Any of the above signings would be excellent additions to our team, but we need to get out of the mire first!

2 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

I also like Karim Adeyemi from RB Salzburg he’s a fantastic player.

Agree, he would be on my list but forgot to say I have not included players who would not come to us (either stated or by stating they want another club) e.g. Kessie won't come whilst Sule and Ginter have rejected apparently (all available on a FREE).

For Adyemi he has stated he wants to go back to Germany (his homeland) and Dortmund have already identified him as Haaland's replacement - they are just haggling over the 40m euro fee. But if Adyemi was available he'd be a good alternative to Nunez, similar player. Pacey and natural goal scorer.

21 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

My Wishlist (Realistic) - I avoid any "big" club i.e. clubs which can/would spend £50m+ on a player except one from A.Madrid but think they would sell this one as he's not one of their stars

Goalkeeper

Not sure - wanted Onana but he went to Inter, Navas is a bit old whilst the others are gambles e.g. Simon Unai (Bilbao) and Bijlow (Feyenoord) - latter is injury prone. Not fan of Henderson because he failed when given opportunity at Man Utd but might be worth a loan with option to buy so we can test him.

Center Backs

Sven Botman (Lille) - solid 22yo with CL experience and wants to come. Left footed. Most people know about him now but quality passer. Just lacks a bit of pace.

Diego Carlos (Seville) - 28 but with plenty of experience and wants to come. Older but best to mix old with young. Has the pace to compliment Botman well.

Jurrien Timber (Ajax) - 20 versatile CB (can play anywhere at the back and even midfield). Breakout season with Ajax last year, nullified Haaland in the CL. Van Dijk like - just a little small (5ft 9) but very solid. Would be perfect as right of back 3 as he is a good dribbler and can bring ball out of defence. Ajax trained so good passer.

James Tarkwoski (Burnley) - 29 EPL experience, simply because he's a FREE, would be a good squad player (replace outgoing Schar and Dummett whose contracts expire at end of season and Clark who will be sold)

Maxence Lacroix (Wolfsburg) - 21 This guy was a world beater 2 seasons ago, R.Madrid wanted him. Slight dip this season with Wolfsburg going from CL to relegation candidates. Could be available at a good price. Very similar to Saliba at Arsenal who is seen as one of the best CB in France at the moment. High skill ceiling.

Edmond Tapsoba (Leverkusen) - 23 CB. One of the best CB stats wise, wins ball and reads the game well. Very similar to Salisu (Southampton) but a better passer. He shined for Burkina Faso's semi final run at AFCON. Leverkusen highly value him so he won't be cheap. Only Wirtz is more valuable to them and that includes a team which has Schick and Diaby (see below).

Wing Backs

Borna Sosa (Stuttgart) - 24 attacking Left WB. One of the best crossers, likened to Beckham but is slightly weaker on defensive aspect. Would work well in a 3-4-3 as LM/WB

Liberato Cace (Sint Truiden) - 21 best left full back in the A league (Australia). The kiwi reminds me a lot of Kieran Tierney, would be relatively cheap and has a high skill ceiling. Think he would cope well in the EPL and is good going forward and back. Being a kiwi he would adapt to English lifestyle much easier than Europeans and we have Wood here. Would be an excellent squad player/ punt and could even become first choice.

Renan Lodi (A. Madrid) - 23, LB played with Guimaraes in Brazil. Fast and good crosser. Classical attacking Brazilian but a little suspect defensively. 

Noussair Mazraoui (Ajax) - 24 RB who is competent going back and forth. Scores and assists. Refusing to sign contract so available on a FREE. The Moroccan is described to be the next Hakimi so potentially world class. Expect some tops clubs to be after him in the Summer.

Midfielder

Boubacar Kamara (Marseille) - 22 DM/CB Can play in midfield or the back. Technically astute, good passer and reads the game well. FREE in the summer and wanted by CL clubs. His utility would be really useful. 

Aurelien Tchouameni (Monaco) - 22 DM, best ball winner in any of the top 5 leagues. Already a France international and brilliant ball carrier. Described as new Kante but much bigger (6ft 2) and stronger. Wanted by Chelsea among others as replacement for Kante.

Maxene Caqueret (Lyon) - 21 DM, Guimaraes partner in crime at Lyon. This guy sits slightly deeper and did the covering work. Very good passer and highly regarded.

There are some other quality midfielders but I'll just list them as they don't fit with the 3-4-3 I want but they are equally excellent and here they are: Yves Bissouma (Brighton) - more an anchorman,  Amadou Haidara (RB Leipzig) more box-box. I also might have Fabian in this list but his defensive numnbers aren't great and he's quite slim so I worry about EPL physicality. Quality whilst we're in possession, he could be like David Silva.

Wingers

Raphinha (Leeds) - 25 RW/LW. Skilful dribbler with an end product. Creates a lot and decent finisher. Brazil international and just genuine quality. Might be pricey though. 

Antony (Ajax) - 21 RW/LW. Another left footer, similar to Raphinha, loves to play as an inside forward and cut in. Good crosser and reminds me a lot of Mahrez and Ziyech. Probably a cheaper and younger option than Raphinha but the latter has EPL experience.

Brennan Johnson (Forest) - 20 RW/LW/ACM/CM/LM/RM/CF/DM Yes, he can/ has played in ALL those roles. Wonderful utility player with genuine pace. Tore it up in League 1, excelling in the championship. Confident he can make the step up. Question is he just EPL quality or a worldy like Bellingham? Definitely worth the £20m punt. Would be our attacking version of James Milner.

Lucas Paqueta (Lyon) - 24. ACM/RW. BBF with Guimaraes. Never hit the heights at AC Milan but excelling again at Lyon. Scores and assists in double figures. May be a bit pricey, Lyon rejected a £50m bid apparently in January. 

Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen) - 22 LW Pacy winger who was a PSG reject.  8 goals and 6 assists so far, expect both to reach double figures. Formidable front three with Schick and Wirtz, we were interested in him in Jan.

Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig)  - 24 RW/AM/CF Another PSG reject who is more of a natural goal scorer (inside and outside the box). 9 goals and 9 assists. Pace, strength he has it all. Reminds me a lot of Gnabry.

There are actually a ton of attacking wingers I rate, but again think the above work best in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 OR am not sure they would cut it in the EPL. Some other names include Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig), Mikel Oyarzabal (Sociedad), Rafael Leao (AC Milan).

Center Forwards

Patrik Schick (Leverkusen) - 26 CF. Genuine number 9. Left and Right footed as well as excellent in the air. Had trouble at Roma but coming good again after an amazing Euros. 18 goals in 17 games shows he can be prolific. Only prolific striker on this list and that's why he gets a slot - only shame is he is slightly on the older side and only been prolific this season. Can lead the line though.

Darwin Nunez (Benfica) - 22 CF/RW/LW. Highly technical, a mix of Cavani and Suarez but not as strong or skillful as those two. Fox in the box with a good finishing touch. Does not lead the line for a Benfica in a 4-3-3, normally plays wing or part of a front two. Could be a worldy but I'd buy him for a wing role in a 3 man attack and used as a striker depending on his progress.

Jonathan David (Lille) - 22 CF. Big strong CF that can lead the line. Starting to add more goals to his game. Could he become prolific? Maybe, like Nunez he's a fox in the box. Excellent in 1v1.

I'm a bit skeptical about the other Strikers. Isak doesn't score enough, Vlahovic (my number 1) is gone, Haaland is out of reach while Dominic Calvert Lewin had a bad injury and has yet to show consistency over a few seasons. There are actually quite a few good young astern European prospects like Adam Hlozek and Benjamin Sesko (FM favourite) but who knows if they will work. This site has tonnes of fascinating reads for anyone interested.

Young Eastern European Future Stars: https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/2021/07/19/five-eastern-europeans-stars-2021-22-season/

The website in general with lots of interesting articles: https://firsttimefinish.co.uk/

Any of the above signings would be excellent additions to our team, but we need to get out of the mire first!

Informative stuff!

23 minutes ago, Phoenix711 said:

Goalkeeper

Center Backs

Wing Backs

Midfielder

Wingers

Center Forwards

C'mon Eddie, please keep us up. My August will be totally fucked for workplace productivity.:lol:

I'm incredibly wary of thinking too soon about the summer given the huge hurdles we need to face to even stay up... but if we do, our marquee signings should be Declan Rice and/or Bowen from West Ham. Their fans are up in arms about the lack of business/pushing on and it's clear they're never going to be ambitious enough to actually keep either of them for very long. 

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I would prioritise genuine potential young stars from abroad (Botman & Bruno fit this description). And the best of the rest from the league (Raphinha, Rice etc.)

All the top teams have had the best British players. 

Players like Rice, Saka, Phillips, Ward Prowse, Lamptey, Gallagher, Abraham and Tierney would all be the right profile to grow with the club. 

The best thing is if we stay up then we will be in the picture for any player we want. Might not get them yet but we have the ambition and finance to compete.

JUST FUCKING STAY UP.

6 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Henderson

Trippier             Botman                                  Sule       Spinazzola

Camavinga

Bellingham                      Bruno

ASM                                                                                Carrasco

Nunez

gonna get us killed down the left flank