More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, Elephant said:

So that nobody misunderstand me, I’m happy with Targett, Burn and Trippier, they make our defense better, especially Trippier.

One thing also to remember that we have put about £93 million for Joelinton, Willock and Wood, so with them we have one of the most expensive top-3 in the league. Doesn’t really feel like it though. While waiting for Wilson and hoping for ASM to stay fit, they have to start performing alot better when it comes to scoring goals.

Hopefully if Bruno gives us more control in midfield our attacking players could start to look a lot better than they do at the moment. They've just been feeding off scraps hoyed up to them so far.

8 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Elkeson is an interesting one.  Double champions league winner with Evergrande and definitely knows where the net is.  He's getting on a bit now but could do a job for us until the end of the season.  Deifferent option to both Wood and Gayle too.

5 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Elkeson is an interesting one.  Double champions league winner with Evergrande and definitely knows where the net is.  He's getting on a bit now but could do a job for us until the end of the season.  Deifferent option to both Wood and Gayle too.

I always wanted a Chinese National player on our books!

44 minutes ago, toontownman said:

My favourite days of the year.. free transfer searching post window day.

Would take Costa on a short term to seasons end. Absolutely. 

Yeah, even if he needed a week or two to recover from a month long bender.

I've read some hyperbolic nonsense about Chris Wood over the last few weeks, but the current Diego Costa being a better option than him (who has a similar return in Brazil this season to Wood in the premier league, btw) is the worst take yet I think :lol:

7 minutes ago, cranna said:

Diego Costa is and will always be better than Chris Wood, even at 40 years old. Wood is a decent 70 minute substitute, and that's it.

Wood has 53 goals in 167 appearances since the start of the 17/18 season to now. Costa has 24 in 100 in the same time period. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Wood has 53 goals in 167 appearances since the start of the 17/18 season to now. Costa has 24 in 100 in the same time period. 

Wood is one dimensional, Costa has a lot more technical capacity, he suits better Howe style.

Edited by cranna

7 minutes ago, Nine said:

Your post history is interesting 

It might be because I'm a neutral from Brazil, I'm not a Newcastle fan. I just like to post on certain football forums. Am I welcomed here? LOL

Edited by cranna

3 minutes ago, cranna said:

It might be because I'm a neutral from Brazil, I'm not a Newcastle fan. I just like to post on certain football forums. Am I welcomed here? LOL

Of course, you just seem very negative overall which is strange considering how much our squad improved during January.