More transfer rumours

midds

16 minutes ago, Nine said:

Of course, you just seem very negative overall which is strange considering how much our squad improved during January.

Astrologically I'm a saturnine, I'm a negative person overall LOL. Even with my beloved club Flamengo.

Edited by cranna

Just now, toontownman said:

Costa's shite now? But John Terry said..

How the fuck would Terry know? Been scouting him in Brazil? Clearly just going off his Chelsea days and general attitude (which will be fine if all is well….but means nothing if his legs have gone). 

7 minutes ago, cranna said:

Astrologically I'm a saturnian, I'm a negative person overall LOL. Even with my beloved club Flamengo.

I don't buy all that astrology crap. But I'm a Gemini so I would say that.

2 hours ago, cranna said:

It might be because I'm a neutral from Brazil, I'm not a Newcastle fan. I just like to post on certain football forums. Am I welcomed here? LOL

This might be the beginning of the end for me as the resident Brazilian in here. Bem vindo! 

7 hours ago, Gaztoon said:

Costa is a no brainer for me.. nothing to loss in giving him a chance 

100% this - though how old is he really?

Edited by duo

Guest neesy111
11 hours ago, Emotic said:

The more logical possibility is for Dembele to also mutually terminate his contract like PEA had done, and thereafter sign for us. Barca wants him gone anyway. All pie in the sky, either scenario.

Can't do that now.  Wouldn't be allowed to join another club, you have to be unregistered by the deadline.

We’ve simply got to stay up this season and I think this summer will be off the scale.

It wouldn’t be unrealistic to imagine them signing Paqueta, Raphina, Nunez and Botman. 

Would be something special to see 3 top drawer Brazilians at St James, with Joelinton keeping them company on nights out. 

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

We’ve simply got to stay up this season and I think this summer will be off the scale.

It wouldn’t be unrealistic to imagine them signing Paqueta, Raphina, Nunez and Botman. 

Would be something special to see 3 top drawer Brazilians at St James, with Joelinton keeping them company on nights out. 

Which is why i've been sceptical about how we've done business. Overpay by £20m in January saves us much more long-term in the light of relegation.

We've faced most of our relegation rivals at home already.

Had we lost to Leeds, would people be so happy with our business? The line is too fine with so much at stake.

Edited by The College Dropout

22 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Tried to sign Fabian Ruiz for 34 mil. That’s a low ball offer. He’s mint.

Aye would be a canny signing.  We were also linked with Oshimen so we've been looking at the Napoli squad seemingly, my absolute dream signing would be Zielinski if we stay up.

Dunno how realistic that is but we'd have the ability to cause serious damage with the likes of Bruno and Zielinski running the show through the middle, would give us an insane passing range and we'd be devastating on the break. 

Edited by Ridman

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Didn't Napoli pay more for him that? Absolute rolls-royce of a player.

€30m (£25m) from Betis in 2018. Contract til June 2023.

edit- stats: 20 goals, 15 assists in 150 appearances since. LOTS of teams supposedly after him this coming summer- Man Utd, Arsenal etc etc. Going to be a real bidding war methinks. 

Edited by Manxst

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Would like to see a proper recruitment team in place for the summer that doesn't include that whopper and Ashley patsy Nickson

This for me too. Ashworth as Technical Director, not sure for DoF, Howe’s nephew is taking over for Domestic. From playing football manager there are way too many just UK based scouts, need to broaden our horizons. Our only real connection of players seems to be France which does work for us but need to expand that. Need a whole club total overhaul, don’t know much about physios, sports scientists etc but let Howe bring in few more of his own guys, upgrade some of the training facilities. Nice influx of new youth players. Watched something of Brighton the other day where Ashworth may come in handy a lot of young players unknown from ages of 19-24 that have slotted into brightons side, a few being polish which may be a market he knows well.

Edited by ToonScotman

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

When watching Bruno’s appearance from Brazil I saw Anthony, any chance we could bring him in? Is he as good as his goal suggested? :lol:

He is. Crazy as it sounds, I prefer him to Vini at the moment. That being said, been linked with Bayern a few times. But either him or Raphinha would have to be dream signings and depending on if we stay up or how much we want to invest they could potentially be realistic as well.