More transfer rumours

midds

A midfield 3 by its definition doesn't really need a designated holding midfielder because you've got 3 in there. Bruno deepest with Joelinton and Paqueta further ahead would absolutely work. I mean it definitely has more mobility and solidity than playing Shelvey at the base.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Did Bruno tell you that’s his favourite role?

wow that must be pretty cool

Should've said "best". He's surely suited to be the deepest midfielder in a 4-3-3, or as part of a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1? He's said he prefers being box-to-box, which he'd be able to do in either role.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Because of our position. We aren't in that position now.

If we bid again we stand a very good chance of getting him this time which isn't to say we will get him, just that now we can go toe to toe with Arsenal when bidding for players.

How do you know we stand an good chance? We Are all just guessing at this point. Arsenal is atm the most promising young team and London based. 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The club have consistently said if the right player becomes available at the right price they'd be interested. 

Given we were asking about him in January when attacking midfield wasn't a priority position. I think if he's handed in a transfer request we'll be in the running.

That's my understanding of it. We aren't in a position to buy the best in class for a lot of positions otherwise I'm sure we would have liked Darwin Nunez on our books this summer. So if there is a chance of getting one in any position I would think we'd throw our hat in the ring when one becomes available, even if it's not a priority this season.

2 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Yep

Which then? Coz we badly need a right winger. Think people are really underestimating how much a quality right winger would transform our attacking side and if we do without a striker and Wilson gets injured we are only left with wood or the prospect of moving Joelinton back up there 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Which then? Coz we badly need a right winger. Think people are really underestimating how much a quality right winger would transform our attacking side and if we do without a striker and Wilson gets injured we are only left with wood or the prospect of moving Joelinton back up there 

Dennis, could cover both roles decent. 

12 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Dennis, could cover both roles decent. 

Meh. Also have we even been properly linked with Dennis 

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

I reckon we could still spend big on a right winger regardless of buying Paqueta. We might have planned to restrict our spending to around £80m this window, but if the right player becomes available we can spend more or less whatever we want.

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

RW. It wouldn't be ideal, but if we were packing a Diaby, alongside Pacqueta, Bruno, Saint Maximin and others, we could function with Wood or Joelinton up front, same as we did in the latter half of last season, with the added lethality of our new midfield.

23 minutes ago, madras said:

He's much more box to box for Brazil and I'm not so convinced we need a designated DM.

Sure, we may not need a designated DM, but we need at least one midfielder with a defensive duty. Back at Lyon when Paqueta and Bruno played together, Caqueret was the one who played that role. 

49 minutes ago, Rich said:

It allows Bruno to play in his favoured role?

What position would that be? And how is playing Paqueta instead of Shelvey going to help achieve that in anyway? 

note: in no way I am saying we shouldn’t bring Paqueta, and I definitely think we should upgrade on Shelvey, but those two players play completely different roles in midfield that I don’t see how it ne can cover for the other. 

Edited by Solitude20

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

What position would that be? And how is playing Paqueta instead of Shelvey going to help achieve that in anyway? 

Eh? 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Bruno moves infront of the defence and Paqueta plays RCM. Or Joelinton and Bruno play as a double pivot with Paqueta ahead.

It really is that simple. I am at a loss why some people don’t seem to be able to grasp that very simple concept. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Bruno moves infront of the defence and Paqueta plays RCM. Or Joelinton and Bruno play as a double pivot with Paqueta ahead.

What formation will Man City play this year ?

9 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

note: in no way I am saying we shouldn’t bring Paqueta, and I definitely think we should upgrade on Shelvey, but those two players play completely different roles in midfield that I don’t see how it ne can cover for the other. 

This is exasperating stuff mind, jees

56 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Do you really think that or just trying to justify his signing?

Not being argumentative- just wondering ?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the post 2 down from his post from ponalieus.

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Bruno playing in front of the defence is a waste of his skills. He didn’t play there for Lyon and he does not play there for Brazil for a good reason. He does better roaming around and being an all rounder. 

There is no way this is his favorite position, and here goes my comment above. I think some folks here think all midfielders here are interchangeable and don’t realize how midfielders can play vastly different roles. . This is obvious when many folks here simply think “fast = good and slow =bad” for any position in the pitch. 

Edited by Solitude20