More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yet you make statements that we are gonna spend £170m :lol:

Think its fair to say we were definitely going for Ekiteke and Diaby with the amount of reports, if both had been successful that wouldn't have seen us too far off would it?

Edited by WillingtonMag

Just now, et tu brute said:

How's that being realistic when you don't have a clue what that transfer budget or policy is [emoji38]

With what we are being told. There really is no need to argue about this. If you disagree that’s all good mate. I hope you are right. I want you to be right 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

With what we are being told. There really is no need to argue about this. If you disagree that’s all good mate. I hope you are right. I want you to be right 

By people who got it totally wrong in January [emoji38]

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

By people who got it totally wrong in January [emoji38]

Yup covered this. You seem intent on an argument no one wants to read. I’ve gave my opinion which I hope is wrong. take it easy :thup:

Edited by gdm

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

We all desperately need the beautiful sight of an embedded tweet loading in the More transfer rumours thread that delivers the dopamine.  

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Squidward-deflating.gif

6 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Tell me which of the top 6 teams he'd get regular game time at then...

City and Liverpool are a right off immediately.

Spurs have Son, Richarlison and Kuluveski as their wide options.

Arsenal are blessed with Martinelli and Saka.

Chelsea now have Sterling, Havertz, Mount and Pulusic who all play in the forward positions.

It only leaves Man Utd and even they have Rashford and Sancho who were admittedly poor last year but possess more ability than Harrison.

Nicolas Pepe got regular game time at Arsenal and so he would have definitely got game time over there.

Chelsea have continuously rotated a myriad of wide men, because they don't seem to have any consistency from those areas, and his numbers better most of theirs in a much lesser team, so I imagine he would get playing time there too.

Man Utd ended up having to use Anthony Elanga a fair bit last season, so he would certainly get minutes in that team too, because again their wide players have been very inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

If they're really unwilling to sersumvent FFP, then £25m on Wood and £10m on Pope (if Dubravka goes) isn't looking as good as it did. 

yup, we look like fools now. Many clubs around us have spent more and improved more. And what happend with the Mike has done us an favour, and we can spend alot of money without worrying?

I like Harrison, every time I have watched leeds he has been one of their stand out players.

supreme athleticism, works his socks off and technically adept. He would be a great signing, just that we have been spoilt rotten with the Diaby rumours….

2 minutes ago, snakzz said:

yup, we look like fools now. Many clubs around us have spent more and improved more. And what happend with the Mike has done us an favour, and we can spend alot of money without worrying?

Assuming this is sarcastic ?

Tbf my mate is a Leeds fan and they love Harrison. Just feels right now underwhelming coz we’ve been teased with Diaby all summer. As Someone said his numbers are very good 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yup covered this. You seem intent on an argument no one wants to read. I’ve gave my opinion which I hope is wrong. take it easy :thup:

You're putting it across as gospel though, based on reporters who were wrong in January just gone. Bruno, Burn and Etitke (if he signed) also were/would have been concluded at the end of the window. As I said, wait until the 1st September when we all can take an accurate stock of the window. Leave it there and we will just see.

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nicolas Pepe got regular game time at Arsenal and so he would have definitely got game time over there.

Chelsea have continuously rotated a myriad of wide men, because they don't seem to have any consistency from those areas, and his numbers better most of theirs in a much lesser team, so I imagine he would get playing time there too.

Man Utd ended up having to use Anthony Elanga a fair bit last season, so he would certainly get minutes in that team too, because again their wide players have been very inconsistent.

Pepe didn't start a single game from January onwards and Elanga got game time largely because of the Greenwood situation.

Harrison is good, just not top 6 good.

Just now, et tu brute said:

You're putting it across as gospel though

I don’t mean to. Apologies if that’s the case. Totally agree on waiting to September. 

3 minutes ago, snakzz said:

We can, I think you need to watch some of the videos covering FFP in relation to Newcastle. Honestly man people need to chill out, we still have 6 weeks of the window to go.

When we get linked to an underwhelming signing I always try and think about when we signed Craig Bellamy. I remember being very underwhelmed at the time and I wasn’t the only one and couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s worth remembering that at times. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Tbf my mate is a Leeds fan and they love Harrison. Just feels right now underwhelming coz we’ve been teased with Diaby all summer. As Someone said his numbers are very good 

We might still get Diaby yet. It's an outside shout just because of the fees involved, but there will be cheaper options as well. Luke Edwards knows very little in reality, so why would anyone take what he says seriously?

Just now, gdm said:

When we get linked to an underwhelming signing I always try and think about when we signed Craig Bellamy. I remember being very underwhelmed at the time and I wasn’t the only one and couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s worth remembering that at times. 

Just look at Burn and Targett. I always liked Burn, but thought Targett was just a sideways step from Lewis. I couldn't have been more wrong on the latter.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Pepe didn't start a single game from January onwards and Elanga got game time largely because of the Greenwood situation.

Harrison is good, just not top 6 good.

Don't start shuffling and making excuses man :lol:

You've now thrown in a Pepe caveat about him not starting a single game and a weak Mason Greenwood excuse.

You said he would barely get any playing time at any of those clubs, and that just wasn't the fact you made it out to be.

Who knows really how much wiggle room we have within FFP. The journos were reporting massive amounts of 500m or whatever which doesn’t seem likely to me, even so it doesn’t mean we would be spending 60/70m individuals at this stage. 

We have a squad that contains the likes of Murphy, Fraser, Fede, Lascelles, Dummet, Longstaff etc. I think the play we are going to make is that we make the steps up gradually. Rather than going all in on huge fees of 50/60m for one player we are looking at getting 2 or 3 for that same amount while also rounding off the nastier edges of our squad and giving us the strength in depth that a club that’s says it’s going to be breaking into Europe consistently needs. I know some will make the quality>quantity argument but I am of the belief that at this very early stage in our development buying 2 players of 30m instead of one for 60m is absolutely both the quality AND quantity that we need, players who come in and upgrade their respective positions strength in this squad massively. I won’t even go into the wage structure argument again as I’ve hammered that home enough at this point, I’ll just say that not many players you can sign for north of 50m will come in and fit inside our wage structure which we need to build up just as carefully and any other financial aspect of the club. 

In short we are a few windows away from seeing real the fireworks as per fees/wages which is why Diaby and Isak might be unlikely this summer.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

BUT - It feels underwhelming. And surely Leeds won’t sell.  

I'd definitely be more concerned at us having to overpay for Harrison than him being a solid signing. He would be a solid addition but not for anything more than 25-30m 

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

We can, I think you need to watch some of the videos covering FFP in relation to Newcastle. Honestly man people need to chill out, we still have 6 weeks of the window to go.

It was always going to take more patience landing players at the top end of the pitch, as those are often the most sought after. Teams will likely start being more reasonable later on, just depends on how much we are prioritising getting players in ahead of the start of the season.