More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, gdm said:

All journalists pretty much saying same thing. I’m happy to be surprised but the way things are going and talk of dropping down list of targets I’m not sure I will be. The idea of buying a player for £50m/£60m is fantasy stuff 

I largely agree with you regarding budgets etc but I do think we may get one 50m player.

If we do though, any other incomings will be loan deals only I'd say.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

All journalists pretty much saying same thing. I’m happy to be surprised but the way things are going and talk of dropping down list of targets I’m not sure I will be. The idea of buying a player for £50m/£60m is fantasy stuff 

Bore off man will ya, the reported fee for Bruno is to rise to 40million ? 

Can we cut the City/Chelsea comparisons now [emoji38] Utterly pointless to compare to what they spent and how they did it, our strategy is entirely different and has to be with the way the landscape of football has changed.

Just now, et tu brute said:

The same very journalists in January were saying we have a 50 million budget. If Etitke had agreed to come, we would have spent over 120 million.

1 journalist said that in January. Also it’s pretty much been said Wood signing changed the plans because of injury to Wilson and Bruno signing was brought forward and was money that was earmarked for the summer. 

I’m not saying things won’t change like they did in January I’m just not getting my hopes up for it 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Like they were saying 50 million in January, when if Etitke had of agreed to come we would have spent over 120 million. They, you and me have no clue what the budget is, just pure guesswork, exactly like it was in January.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Bore off man will ya, the reported fee for Bruno is to rise to 40million ? 

What has that got to do with anything i just said :lol:

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

1 journalist said that in January. Also it’s pretty much been said Wood signing changed the plans because of injury to Wilson and Bruno signing was brought forward and was money that was earmarked for the summer. 

I’m not saying things won’t change like they did in January I’m just not getting my hopes up for it 

Give over only one, they were all saying it [emoji38]

Edited by et tu brute

58 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

As @Kid Icarussaid he's a contrarian. Everyone else is reporting that we're calm and relaxed, but because he's bald and divorced he reports that we're panicked and frustrated.

With this in mind, if this summer doesn't turn out to be everything we'd hoped and dreamed of and we stick where we're at, it's on us to be brave and calm and supportive supporters in the coming season.

Better the club gets a few decent characters with guaranteed long term value for the club and bides its time for a season rather than bottling it, rushing and poisoning the well with mercenary wankers and headcases.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Can we cut the City/Chelsea comparisons now [emoji38] Utterly pointless to compare to what they spent and how they did it, our strategy is entirely different and has to be with the way the landscape of football has changed.

The principle of stepping stone players is a totally fair comparison to make like. Unless there's another way to do it.

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

True, but IF we refuse to pay up then we will have to gamble a bit more. And I’d choose Madueke over Harrison  (if possible).

If Wilson wasn't quite so prone to injury, we probably would have gone for a younger prospect like that. Maybe we still do though, so let's see. I'd be fine with either approach really.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Give over did they, they were all saying it [emoji38]

Who else said £50m? Apologies I don’t remember. Very strange then that Edwards is the only one that gets stick for it

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You saying so doesn't make it true. What a ridiculous statement.

Tell me which of the top 6 teams he'd get regular game time at then...

City and Liverpool are a write off immediately.

Spurs have Son, Richarlison and Kuluveski as their wide options.

Arsenal are blessed with Martinelli and Saka.

Chelsea now have Sterling, Havertz, Mount and Pulusic who all play in the forward positions.

It only leaves Man Utd and even they have Rashford and Sancho who were admittedly poor last year but possess more ability than Harrison.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

You said spending £50 million on a player is fantasy stuff when we've already spent £40 million on some one a few months ago why would it be fantasy stuff?

I’m talking about now with the reported £40m we have left. Fuck me you are hard work :lol: you lost all credibility when you started saying we’d spend about £170m in this window 

Edited by gdm

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm not a massive fan, but I think he's very underrated. Wingers scoring 8 goals a season twice in a row for a relegation battling team normally have more hype around them. 

He's not as eye catching a player, but you can't knock the man's production for a team at the lower end of the table. Those numbers likely increase with even better players around him.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

With this in mind, if this summer doesn't turn out to be everything we'd hoped and dreamed of and we stick where we're at, it's on us to be brave and calm and supportive supporters in the coming season.

Better the club gets a few decent characters with guaranteed long term value for the club and bides its time for a season rather than bottling it, rushing and poisoning the well with mercenary wankers and headcases.

I mean that's fine, I'd rather just wait until the window closes before forming any judgements based on angry journalist tweets. I trust the competency and the intent of our recruitment team and the owners.

Just now, gdm said:

I’m talking about now with the reported £40m we have left. Fuck me you are hard work :lol:

We've already established no one knows fuck all and the previous reported transfer fee ended up being double, you come across as a bit of a condescending bell tbh.

Just now, gdm said:

Who else said £50m? Apologies I don’t remember. Very strange then that Edwards is the only one that gets stick for it

Hope, Downie, Calukin some of the main ones about limited spends. Why don't you wait until 1st September. You're always a negative poster about usually everything mind, you were the same during the takeover. Just wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The principle of stepping stone players is a totally fair comparison to make like. Unless there's another way to do it.

Well, kind of. Depends on what your definition of a stepping stone player is and how much one of them cost in 2005 compared to now. Also how much they cost to replace, since FFP wasn’t in existence back then. It’s a really far off comparison when you get down to the nitty gritty of finances.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Hope, Downie, Calukin some of the main ones about limited spends. Why don't you wait until 1st September. You're always a negative poster about usually everything mind, you were the same during the takeover. Just wait and see.

I’m not being negative if we only spend the other £40m I’d still be very happy. I get the feeling quite a few won’t. That’s not negativity that’s me being realistic with what we are being told. If I’m wrong, then we are all happy and I’ll be delighted as it surpasses my expectations. That’s only negative to you because it’s not what you want to hear. 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

We've already established no one knows fuck all and the previous reported transfer fee ended up being double, you come across as a bit of a condescending bell tbh.

Yet you make statements that we are gonna spend £170m :lol:

Just now, gdm said:

I’m not being negative if we only spend the other £40m I’d still be very happy. I get the feeling quite a few won’t. That’s not negativity that’s me being realistic with what we are being told. If I’m wrong, then we are all happy. That’s only negative to you because it’s not what you want to hear. 

How's that being realistic when you don't have a clue what that transfer budget or policy is [emoji38]

If we are moving down the list I would rather we go for Hudson-Odoi. Think we could get him on loan too. Versatile enough to cover a few different positions.

Harrison isn't bad at all but predominantly a LW. 

Would love Jones to be right about Fofana, would be a fantastic addition. Traore from Metz seems one for the future.