More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

While Dean Jones and several others are saying there is calm behind the scenes and the team is relaxed and patient for incomings lol

As @Kid Icarussaid he's a contrarian. Everyone else is reporting that we're calm and relaxed, but because he's bald and divorced he reports that we're panicked and frustrated.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Off topic - it's crazy how long people have been on this forum. I've been here 17 years. 2 or 3 people on this page alone have been here longer.

Glad you are all in good health and good spirits.

Just made me look...15 years ago since I joined 😮 and it's been my daily goto ever since. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not sure the £25m for Wood lines up with that, unless the valuation took into account our desperation at the time. 

Yep. It was probably that we needed a striker at short notice and he had a release clause, so it was an easy deal to do.

They would have even considered offering around £50m for the 22-year-old but have all but ended their interest after they were also informed Isak’s wage demands would be in excess of £200,000-a-week.

It has been a similar story with Bayer Leverkusen and Diaby, with the asking price remaining £60m to be paid up front. 

The 22-year-old Diaby would also demand to be the club’s top earner with demands well in excess of the £110,000-a-week paid to England international Kieran Trippier.

Newcastle will still not rule out a compromise being reached, but there has been no sign of any progress being made for weeks.

c6e.jpg

Wood should have been better than what he's produced going off previous seasons. We certainly over paid regardless of form, but right now it looks like a full write off of the fee and wages we'll not be able to shake easily. 

I'm hoping next season with pressure off he gets to play with Wilson and starts to add something to the team. Well it can't get any worse.

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Fuck me another bald cunt clickbait exclusive to cause panic stations over the next few pages [emoji38]

I agree he is a lad cunt however it does appear we are looking at a slow build 

not that it will please PIF / Bruno / Botman/ Trippier 

maybe PCP capital can’t afford their 10% of the transfers …hence their line (patience is a virtue / slow build) 

i am sure PIF have the cash but PCP arent cash rich ? 

hence the £10m loan from Ashley to speed up the takeover which was odd 

Wood

Burn

Targett 

Pope

all seem to be signings to help the slow build and don’t cost a fortune 

took a while to sack Bruce due to the size of the payoff……as well as negotiate with Ashworth for his settlement figure to drop 

maybe we will only pay (our price) as PCP have a restricted budget ?

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

I agree he is a lad cunt however it does appear we are looking at a slow build 

not that it will please PIF / Bruno / Botman/ Trippier 

maybe PCP capital can’t afford their 10% of the transfers …hence their line (patience is a virtue / slow build) 

i am sure PIF have the cash but PCP arent cash rich ? 

hence the £10m loan from Ashley to speed up the takeover which was odd 

Wood

Burn

Targett 

Pope

all seem to be signings to help the slow build and don’t cost a fortune 

took a while to sack Bruce due to the size of the payoff……as well as negotiate with Ashworth for his settlement figure to drop 

maybe we will only pay (our price) as PCP have a restricted budget ?

Pcp run the club, not fund it. Initial purchase will be very different on how the club brings money in from now on. Their 10% is earned by the continuous day to day. 

Chris Waugh: Newcastle have bought themselves time behind the scenes and are relaxed about bringing in attackers. Isak has been discussed, but is unlikely to happen due to his clubs' valuation. Other than that it's hard to get information from the club at the moment.

Luke Edwards: Newcastle abandon Isak transfer causing total chaos behind the scenes. Sources have told me that despite being aware of player valuations for months, they've suddenly thrown their entire transfer list in the bin and Dan Ashworth has had to be pulled from the roof of SJP. 

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Off topic - it's crazy how long people have been on this forum. I've been here 17 years. 2 or 3 people on this page alone have been here longer.

Glad you are all in good health and good spirits.

December 2004. No idea why I’m still here :lol:

Fofana would be class. A very very good and well rounded box to box CM. I don’t think we necessarily need a pure DM if there is enough athleticism in there. Can’t believe no one has signed him yet. Like made for the PL. like a more technical Sissoko with end product and a football img brain. Barely comparable apart from the physical side tbh.

Edited by Ikon