More transfer rumours

midds

I massively rate Werner from his time at Leipzig, and personally I don't think he's been as bad at Chelsea as people make out, so I'm all for a cheeky little loan deal for him as long as Chelsea pay 75% of his wages :lol:

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So we’d stick him on the right in place of Fraser and a better version of Almiron? Would be a very expensive option. I do agree it’ll not happen.

He’s absolutely levels above Almiron.

Werner would be massive for us. If it’s at all possible we should be all over it. 

He’s never fitting our wage structure but he’d be the perfect long-term successor and striker for our project. 

If we signed him and got a winger on loan it would be an unbelievable window. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I mean this is just nonsense.

If you took away his pace he isn’t  much of a footballer imo. Hasn’t got a soft 1st touch which I think is detrimental to a forward’s game.

Also rarely hits a ball cleanly in game situations. 
Personally, I watched loads of him when he was at Leipzig and wasn’t much impressed.

That doesn’t make me a football oracle or owt, just my tuppence.

He’s got 24 goals in 53 for Germany.

I know you play the occasional pub team in qualifying, but you don’t have that kind of record in international football if all you can do is run fast.

7 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

He's an average wide left player which is where he prefers to play, a pretty shit centre forward and an abysmal finisher. Mind you he's quick.

He's not at all. He's a striker who drifts out wide to get more of the ball. Just because Chelsea played him wide doesn't mean he's not a striker.

I like Werner- works hard, runs fast, presses well, positioning is usually very good (despite being an offside meme sometimes)- but if he’s willing to take a large enough paycut, better teams will be in for him.

From the limited amount that I've seen Werner, he's always looked to me like he contributes a fair bit to build-up play and looks a tidy player. Some of the missed chances I've seen have looked more on the side of "bad luck" rather than him being useless, too.

He does seem to get caught offside an unacceptable number of times, mind.

I'd be happy for us to take a punt if a compromise on his reported wages could be found.

He lacks technically (compared to elite players around him at Chelsea) that’s doesn’t mean he is bad though, physically and positionally is very good. His all round game is good, people saying he can’t kick a ball are just being hyperbolic. He won’t be coming here but he’d fit into this side very well.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I'd cover wages if we didn't pay a fee. Or pay a large fee and not cover wages.

No club on this planet, would do both.

barcelona has entered the chat