More transfer rumours

midds

Hypothetically i think Werner would be a good signing. Genuinely think he needs a fresh start and perhaps at the moment a restart in a currently "smaller pond" might be very good for him.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Great, isn’t it?  I like this - it feels like competent people are in place now.  Which of course they are. 

It’s only great if we get the players we need.

I think we’ll wait until the last week of the transfer window to see if teams have softened their stances on our top targets. Usually a decent deal to be had too (could do a cheeky cheap deal for Tielemens for example?).

Werner isn't as bad as he has been at Chelsea, he scored 28 in 34 in Bundesliga before the move. A classic case of a bad start at a new club ruining his confidence and has never recovered IMO. Fresh start would be great for him (especially on a World Cup year) but seems far-fetched with those wages.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Bundesliga tax. The man who was going to relegate us in Weghorst the same. Probably a few more.

This. People tend to get blinded by how successful Bayern have been in the CL, but outside of Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig, the Bundesliga is super weak at the moment. 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

I like Werner- works hard, runs fast, presses well, positioning is usually very good (despite being an offside meme sometimes)- but if he’s willing to take a large enough paycut, better teams will be in for him.

I think there's too much being made of the 300k wages. If he wants game time, he'll have to leave Chelsea, and there just aren't many clubs who can pay those sort of wages. I think a deal could be struck where Chelsea would subsidise those.

14 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Bundesliga tax. The man who was going to relegate us in Weghorst the same. Probably a few more.

It's possible but looking at his stats he seems to be a bit fragile mentally based on that one season at Stuttgart and the Chelsea seasons. He has had seasons where he's exceeding his xG significantly and then seasons where he can't hit a barn door.

Werner.PNG

Edited by Pata

56 minutes ago, Nine said:

25 days since we signed Botman, some of us will be crawling up the walls soon :lol:

I think what makes it seem worse is that while all of the signings are very solid, none of them are going to make much of a noticeable difference to the side which finished last season. Botman is obviously a class addition, but our defending was on point even without him. Pope is an England goalkeeper, but Dubravka is a good keeper as well. Targett was here since January so is already part of the furniture.

A couple of good forwards is what we need to complete the team and take us on to the next level.

Even when Werner was in the Bundesliga it alarmed me that he kicks the ball in a very strange way. It was a red flag at the time and it has carried over to his time in England IMO. I don't agree with the comparisons to Bellamy who I think was a much better allround footballer - although probably less of a goalscorer.

I like his workrate as a player but I just think it's astonishing he is on the kind of wage profile he is and that he's basically Germany's main centre forward.

Highly doubt we are signing Werner and I highly doubt we sign anyone that is linked via a German/French/Italian media outlet. Stinks of agent leaks.

This thread could've had less than a page added since Ashworth came in, 'transfer rumours' at an absolute minimum.

Edited by JP

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think there's too much being made of the 300k wages. If he wants game time, he'll have to leave Chelsea, and there just aren't many clubs who can pay those sort of wages. I think a deal could be struck where Chelsea would subsidise those.

Maybe on a loan , they might subsidise yeah 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think what makes it seem worse is that while all of the signings are very solid, none of them are going to make much of a noticeable difference to the side which finished last season. Botman is obviously a class addition, but our defending was on point even without him. Pope is an England goalkeeper, but Dubravka is a good keeper as well. Targett was here since January so is already part of the furniture.

A couple of good forwards is what we need to complete the team and take us on to the next level.

Take a little bit of an issue with Pope. Apparently he's much more of a sweeper keeper than Dubravka allowing us to squeeze up more.

Interesting to see if that's the plan and if so how much it changes us.