Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Literally the wealthiest club in the world and you’re making a case for Chris Wood to figure, man.[emoji38] He’ll be 4th choice at best next season or out the door. 

Man, you guys are really getting carried away already. We'll see. They keep telling everyone it's going to be a gradual progression but no one is listening.

I'm not making a case for anything by the way. They just spent £25 million on Wood a couple of months ago, and so I anticipate that he will still be used for at least another year as a more experienced backup, because I doubt anyone is going to come in and buy him this summer. 

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wood should be absolutely nowhere near the squad going forward

Well you'll have to have a word with Eddie Howe about that. I'm not the one in charge.

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would you not be slightly concerned relying on Wilson being fit the whole season again ? 

Not one bit. He needs to play, so why not give him the chance when/if Wilson is injured, in addition to being on the bench as an option to be used together with Wilson, as a replacement towards the end of the game or if we need to replace someone on the wing. Would be silly to sign another striker where he'd effectively become 3rd choice. We have quite limited number of games next season with only domestic competitions. We don't need a squad like the top 6.

Guest reefatoon
39 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Don't cry for me Ekitike

You know you're our best ever Hugo

We had Viana and no-one else

He was rubbish

Hope you're not

To Argentina from Evita.

It’s good because it’s true.

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
Defence shittin’ it when Hugo comes
Watching the goals roll in
Then I watch him score away again, yeah

I'm sittin' watchin’ Ekitike
Watchin' the Toon roll away, ooh
I'm just sittin' watchin’ Ekitike
Wastin' time (added on)

12 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

If Wilson gets injured early it'll be Wood starting, not Ekitike, just on age. Like it was Rivière and not Ayoze at first. 

Doubt it, unless we're talking the very beginning of the season and he hasn't settled quite yet. Howe isn't Pardew.

3 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

If Wilson gets injured early it'll be Wood starting, not Ekitike, just on age. Like it was Rivière and not Ayoze at first. 

Do you think Wood will still be here?

I'm not 100% certain that he will be.

5 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Do you think Wood will still be here?

I'm not 100% certain that he will be.

I don't believe there is any rush to sell him, but if an offer were made then I think we'd consider it. But I like to think we'd allow him to make the choice.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't believe there is any rush to sell him, but if an offer were made then I think we'd consider it. But I like to think we'd allow him to make the choice.

Yes, I agree, we will not rush him out the door but we got him at a particular time for a particular reason. It was a 'unique' set of circumstances for us at the time, one that I do not see being repeated again in the future, with the overall level of investment we will routinely make from now on. So, his level of achievement with us so far might mean that he will - himself - be happy to move on, as other forwards arrive.

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Doubt it, unless we're talking the very beginning of the season and he hasn't settled quite yet. Howe isn't Pardew.

If he's signed before pre-season starts then he'll have a good chance of challenging Wood, it all depends how he settles. Would like to avoid throwing him to the wolves, but at the same time I want him to get as much playing time as possible. I'm optimistic that Wilson's overall fitness will improve, and Howe will manage it better than Bruce. Hopefully these two factors can combine to get a full season out of him.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Yes, I agree, we will not rush him out the door but we got him at a particular time for a particular reason. It was a 'unique' set of circumstances for us at the time, one that I do not see being repeated again in the future, with the overall level of investment we will routinely make from now on. So, his level of achievement with us so far might mean that he will - himself - be happy to move on, as other forwards arrive.

I think we'd need another, on top of Ekitike, for that to occur. Which might happen of course, but if it were me I'd be happy [not ecstatic] going into the season with those three. With greater investment in other areas.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We can't sell Wood can we? Isn't there some rule about not playing for more than two clubs in a calendar year or have I made that up?

“Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.”

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

Not one bit. He needs to play, so why not give him the chance when/if Wilson is injured, in addition to being on the bench as an option to be used together with Wilson, as a replacement towards the end of the game or if we need to replace someone on the wing. Would be silly to sign another striker where he'd effectively become 3rd choice. We have quite limited number of games next season with only domestic competitions. We don't need a squad like the top 6.

I would also be less concerned about Wood getting minutes if there’s more goal threats in the team (new winger, ? Number 10). He can still fulfil a role. Then Ekitike can come in too. Hopefully Wilsons fitness can be managed a bit better next season in terms of minutes and the medical side.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Nice thread on him by a scout in the game 

Potential's supposedly there but needs to bulk up and be given lots of confidence for him to succeed. Just bed him in like we did Bruno and hopefully we'll pay dividends down the line

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I'd probably just prefer to sell him to a Championship club and bring in someone else as 3rd choice. Either another young talent or a loan or something. Wood is a nice lad but he's completely worthless beyond being 6ft 3.

I would imagine if they got a decent offer they probably will sell