Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, The Prophet said:

Definetly a right winger. Doubtful on another striker.

And that is my main concern, we would be a Wilson injury away from relying on a kid to score the goals for us.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

And that is my main concern, we would be a Wilson injury away from relying on a kid to score the goals for us.

If we have Ekitike, Wood and a winger/midfielder who can cover up top, that's fine.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would you not be slightly concerned relying on Wilson being fit the whole season again ? 

Well, the manager signed Chris Wood, and so he will be making use of him.

I do think we are going to transition to more of a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 to have someone play in behind the main striker , which should help Wood improve, as he cannot play upfront by himself, which is why his best at Burnley was with Barnes doing all the link up play.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we are after a right forward rather than a right winger - someone who carries a goal threat rather than just a creator. That will give the team more balance and mean not relying on the central striker for goals. 

14 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I was reading an article this morning (I think it was on the Athletic originally, then posted elsewhere) on how transfers work behind the scenes.

It was really interesting generally but the key part was basically that it's very rare for a deal (or at least basic terms) not to have been agreed with the player, via agents etc, before a deal with the selling club is agreed. There can still be hitches, minor issues to sort out and so on but it's not very often a club will go in with an offer without being pretty much sure that the player will accept the terms on offer.

Do you have a link? Sounds interesting.

How reliable is Fabrizio Romano? Isn’t he the tap in merchant? 

Or is that chicken man Galletti? Or both?

Ive got all my sources in a twist right now :lol:

4 minutes ago, LV said:

How reliable is Fabrizio Romano? Isn’t he the tap in merchant? 

Or is that chicken man Galletti? Or both?

Ive got all my sources in a twist right now :lol:

Romano is the tap in merchant. The other than is just a snide. 

30 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Massive risk this mind spending that much on someone so unproven, especially when our attacking players need such an upgrade. Fingers crossed he’s the real deal and hits the ground running, don’t see him having much time to settle in as such as we will need him to start pretty much straight away.

Only if we don't make any other attacking signings

Signing him first doesn't mean we aren't going to sign other attackers 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

It certainly beats Hugo Hugo Hugo

Sadly we both know that the chant he will get is Hugo Hugo Hugo.

Least creative fanbase gan. 

46 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Would he be our first palindromic player ever? 

Shame on everyone, George Hannah scored our last winning goal in a FA Cup Final. Let’s hope it’s an omen.

8 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Respectfully, this is nonsense. We have a lot of dafties, as all clubs do, but how you can say the fan base is collectivity the least creative after this season, I just have no idea.

Other clubs regularly nick our songs as well.

35 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I think you’ll find he’ll wear a magic hat and he could have signed for Dortmund…

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Well, the manager signed Chris Wood, and so he will be making use of him.

I do think we are going to transition to more of a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 to have someone play in behind the main striker , which should help Wood improve, as he cannot play upfront by himself, which is why his best at Burnley was with Barnes doing all the link up play.

Wood should be absolutely nowhere near the squad going forward