Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Bare in mind though, stock piling is supposed to be a new rule, I think Chelsea will have to offload a fair few players given they cant loan 30+ anymore like they used to.

I'd put PSG in that category. I mean PSG would likely buy him and send him straight back?

Yeah valid point.

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

All very worrying.

It's not that worrying. He's stalled on coming here twice now, the same happened in January and we gave him the benefit of the doubt then. At some point you just have to assume he'd rather not be here, in which case look somewhere else.

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's not that worrying. He's stalled on coming here twice now, the same happened in January and we gave him the benefit of the doubt then. At some point you just have to assume he'd rather not be here, in which case look somewhere else.

When was the second time?

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

https://psgtalk.com/2022/06/psg-mercato-paris-sg-transfer-target-has-not-said-yes-newcastle-united/

This one is not looking good. Particularly because of how much Ekitike looks up to Mbappe. Not sure we get him now.

Does not seem like a reliable source. This source is not listed in any reliability guide, and I also could not track the actual source down to see who wrote the article. Another thing to keep in mind is that it has yet to be mentioned in any of the go to news accounts such as @parisunited6 or @GFFN

Edited by Mansour

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

When was the second time?

I'm just a bit sceptical that he really wants to be here after January, and now this talk about PSG. Not that I think he'll go there, just get the feeling he's looking for other options.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I'm just a bit sceptical that he really wants to be here after January, and now this talk about PSG. Not that I think he'll go there, just get the feeling he's looking for other options.

I think that he will be the first of - from now on - a long (long) line of high quality players that will want to come here.

They will choose us, and choose us above most others, and eventually above ALL others.

It hasn't really (fully) started yet, but B O Y when it gets going it will be very enjoyable.

I am aware that a lot of us are still having a problem with assimilating the full extent of our changed circumstances . . it just hasn't "sunk fully in" yet!!

The ambition of our new owners is limitless . . . and we supporters will be the long term beneficiaries of that unlimited ambition.

E N J O Y !!!!!

Edited by manorpark

29 minutes ago, Mansour said:

Does not seem like a reliable source. This source is not listed in any reliability guide, and I also could not track the actual source down to see who wrote the article. Another thing to keep in mind is that it has yet to be mentioned in any of the go to news accounts such as @parisunited6 or @GFFN

Ah, okay. Fair enough. Good news for us then.

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I think that he will be the first of - from now on - a long (long) line of high quality players that will want to come here.

They will choose us, and choose us above most others, and eventually above ALL others.

It hasn't really (fully) started yet, but B O Y when it gets going it will be very enjoyable.

I am aware that a lot of us are still having a problem with assimilating the full extent of our changed circumstances . . it just hasn't "sunk fully in" yet!!

The ambition of our new oners is limitless . . . and we supporters will be the long term beneficiaries of that unlimited ambition.

E N J O Y !!!!!

Yes I do get that we will become a high destination club in the not too distant future, but I also expect that for a season or two we will be looking to transition to that level. That means we will not always get our primary targets if CL clubs are in there pitching, but we'll still be looking for alternatives of a similar calibre. It's not a bad thing, I am quite happy to aim for top 6 next season then make a big push the season after.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure how quick people expect these deals to happen. There’s been about 5 transfers across the premier league so far, it’s the 7th of June. 

44869416.jpg

Goal France and one of the less reliable Italian news outlets have said he doesn't want to come. Romano, RMC and Hope have confirmed that he does, while Sky have reported positive talks. The weight of reporting suggests that he'll be on his way.

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Goal France and one of the less reliable Italian news outlets have said he doesn't want to come. Romano, RMC and Hope have confirmed that he does, while Sky have reported positive talks. The weight of reporting suggests that he'll be on his way.

The only way he doesn’t come is if he doesn’t like money.

When they keep saying stuff like a long way to go when we’ve already agreed terms with the club, what exactly does that even mean? If we can’t convince him to come with what will no doubt be a great offer then does ‘long way’ not translate to ‘trying to persuade’? Or are people just filling column inches because he’s on international duty? Just find the use of ‘long way’ very odd as I could only imagine things being a long way off if the two clubs couldn’t agree a fee 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

When they keep saying stuff like a long way to go when we’ve already agreed terms with the club, what exactly does that even mean? If we can’t convince him to come with what will no doubt be a great offer then does ‘long way’ not translate to ‘trying to persuade’? Or are people just filling column inches because he’s on international duty? Just find the use of ‘long way’ very odd as I could only imagine things being a long way off if the two clubs couldn’t agree a fee 

Possibly so that they can string the story out. More clicks innit! 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Possibly because various agents/ family members want their palms crossed with more gold 

It's so obvious that he doesn't want to come, that he's agreed to a five year contract and his agents have held more positive talks. It'll be class if he takes a while to bed in and starts getting the ASM treatment. Best fans in the world.