Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, Slim said:

Brewster cost 23 million and was never rated as high as this kid is. 

Try and not see beyond the point I'm trying to make, it shouldn't matter about how highly rated a player is or isn't.

Everything has to fit. 

I still think it's a huge ask for a 19yr old French kid.

Hopefully he adapts and bangs 15 goals in 😁👍🏼

Looks raw, direct and exciting, would be happy to bring him in alongside a more established striker. 

Would be a lot of pressure on him, but he might be young and confident enough for our circumstances to not really phase him. 

A lot of Solanke's goals in the Championship from 20/21 remind me of Dwight Gayle's goals for us - lots of balls played across the 6 yard box and playing on the shoulder of the last man.

Not really sure what to make of that tbh, obviously it's a style that suits playing in a team better than what Gayle has been able to play in. Can't be expecting to score many goals like that when you're team has less than 30% posession some games.

Based off Dennis Wise scouting alone I'd rather see Ekitike come in. He reminds me of a young Shola in a way. 

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Clearly has something about him from from his videos like obviously a gamble but it's a gamble I think we should take. Can't see us getting a prem proven striker in so we have to take a punt.

As does this guy from the videos... [emoji38] joking aside Ameobi look class in these clips :llorente?:

5 minutes ago, mofo said:

As does this guy from the videos... [emoji38] joking aside Ameobi look class in these clips :llorente?:

Tbf most players goal compilations look good, because by definition that's the times they did things right and the ball ended up in the back of the net.

That said, peak Shola would probably be very welcome in our team right now, sad though that is to say.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

Can't see this happening TBH.

I mean if it doesn't I won't be that arsed. Clubs are asking stupid money for totally unproven players on the back of a hot streak of form. He might turn out to be the next Thierry or he might just fade into oblivion or end up in jail at this point. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Which season was Sholas prime? 

The one after he retired for me. The useless cunt

Shola had all the ability in the world, he was just made of glass, lacked confidence, had too many injury issues, never really got the chance to consistently perform in a starting role and was probably too much of a nice guy.