Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I mean we can only go off what we read, otherwise let’s not discuss any deal then. Imo it’s ludicrous to put a CL clause in a contract for a team who are 19th in the league. Indefensibly stupid. 

Why? If it's based on his entire stay here, why is it stupid? For all you or we know (if it's even true at all), it might have been "+£500k if we win the Champions League during his stay here". If we progress like the club want to progress, it's not unfeasibly to say we might be in the Champions League in 6 or 7 years time, and if they are building for the future, who's to say this kid isn't someone they see being at the club long term?

I don't get the hysteria. Just strikes me as people having far too much spare time on their hands, and far too much anxiety.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s not a case of that though, I’m seeing what I’m seeing, the length of time for the deals, the missteps. I think it’s weird anything negative reported is immediately made up.

I am also waiting until the end of the window, but as of now things are not being negotiated well, I think that’s fairly clear. 

We've signed an England international for a bargain price and bought another squad player. Literally everything else is paper talk. May or may not be true.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure a lot of the positive reporting is made up too.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I think on the surface it does look that way. That being said the time horizon for this kid and the reported investment to come in the club does change it ever so slightly. 

Also Reims reported demands we’re also from a similar stupid place :lol:

All of that aside, do we even have the structure in place to be signing such a player? At this time without play liaisons in place and skeletal backroom team lacking a director of football, director of player development etc this all seems Ill timed. Shola would have this lad on loan to Darlo or something. 

Probation not which is why a sporting director/DOF should have been a priority to be in place before this window. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Probation not which is why a sporting director/DOF should have been a priority to be in place before this window. 

Definitely would have been ideal they do seem to be sticklers for SOP’s which might cause issues in a fast paced environment such as football. Personally, I’d rather we got the right DOF in place and took our time than rushed it mind. 

knowing our luck it will be Howe mate from Bournemouth (not Edwards). :lol:

Will be interesting to see the owners provide a statement once the window closes.    Once the window is closed, there is nothing more they can do and its down to Eddie.   I do hope that then use the time (as they have indicated) to get a CEO and DOF in.  The pressure they must have been under and covering all the various roles/fire fighting must surely be taking a toll on them.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

City haven’t won the CL and have been an established powerhouse club for years, it’s not some competition that you wan walk in and win with ease. For a Jack Grealish sure it’s maybe a small part of his contract. From the reporting around this the add ons we’re significant.

We can only discuss the info we get, otherwise this place will be dead. If the reporting is correct then I think it’s a bad thing to put in a contract. Nothing too outrageous about that opinion imo. I don’t want PIF out

I don't know man... you (and others) just seem to thrive on complaining about something, even when that thing is relatively minor and may or may not be even true. It's incredibly tiresome to read.

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Definitely would have been ideal they do seem to be sticklers for SOP’s which might cause issues in a fast paced environment such as football. Personally, I’d rather we got the right DOF in place and took our time than rushed it mind. 

knowing our luck it will be Howe mate from Bournemouth (not Edwards). :lol:

Going full Burnley 😂

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don't know man... you (and others) just seem to thrive on complaining about something, even when that thing is relatively minor and may or may not be even true. It's incredibly tiresome to read.

I understand the sentiment but I think it’s unfair. People are here to discuss the club and give opinions on the state of play. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

On the flip side, it's tiresome that even minor posts of criticism are constantly met with "it's not Fifa or Football Manager".

There is a middle ground where people on the whole can be very happy with the consortium and job they're doing but also disappointed with their "progress" in the transfer market. Especially when it comes to central defenders.

33 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Man logs onto Internet forum to tell others to stop complaining about stuff. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think, we all have to give each other the benefit of the doubt :lol:

we know which posters are sincere and which are just WUM’s. Let’s try and take others comments in the spirit they are meant. 

These words need to be emblazoned on an inspiring photo of SJP and made the forum banner. 

4 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I mean we can only go off what we read, otherwise let’s not discuss any deal then. Imo it’s ludicrous to put a CL clause in a contract for a team who are 19th in the league. Indefensibly stupid. 

If the club were still owned by Fat Mike then yes but we now have ambitious and fantastically wealthy owners.

Will we play in the CL in the next 5 years? Maybe.

Edited by Lazarus
New page wanker clause.

Somewhat related - I always find it awkward watching Julien Laurens discussing this stuff. He seems a nice enough guy, but it's beyond obvious he works with agents and is involved in deals, making his subjectivity non-existent. 

6 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Especially when you consider Man City’s fortune, how far ahead of us they are with it and they’ve not been able to win it.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

I white like Laurens, I’ve never had that impression from him.

If you listen to him especially when it comes to PSG and the like he's at all the big parties and stuff. He was a player himself but got injured (I think he was at Clairefontaine) but he absolutely works on the player side as well as being a talking head for Ligue 1. 

I watched this guy last night and he's an undoubted talent but he was knocked off the ball very easily a few times in the second half and I certainly wouldn't push the boat out to get him this window, under someone like Howe he will most certainly develop, however I'm not sure if he could make that much of a difference to us this season like say a Lingard could.