Jesse Lingard

If he has a proper fall out with Rangnick I wonder could he be released to move. What’s the point on holding onto him? They’ve made a complete shit show of this not just letting him come to us. 

Just now, Decky said:

If he has a proper fall out with Rangnick I wonder could he be released to move. What’s the point on holding onto him? They’ve made a complete shit show of this not just letting him come to us. 

Even if he is now released I don't think we can sign him

Ultimately Lingard to Newcastle has gone imo regardless of which league we end up in 

14 minutes ago, Decky said:

Don't think it's Rangnick he's fallen out with as he gave his blessing he could go

It's the board I think

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Don't think it's Rangnick he's fallen out with as he gave his blessing he could go

It's the board I think

Looks like Rangnick has said Lingard requested time off and Lingard is saying it’s not true, it was the club that told him to take time off. Somethings not right. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Lingard is bang average, but he'd have been an improvement on what we have. Providing we stay up, we can do better in the summer.

I think the idea was to get an AM in to help us stay up. We're still lacking that, as many others have pointed out. I'm not even thinking about summer signings, staying up has to be the sole priority. 

Guest dazzanufc1892
1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Lingard is bang average, but he'd have been an improvement on what we have. Providing we stay up, we can do better in the summer.

That "bang average player" was a highlight under Jose, scored key goals, has as many assists as Jota this year who is meant to be on fire. He went on loan to a club in a January window and transformed them into a force. he has goals and assists for his country and a goal in a World Cup. Hes an exceptional team mate, plays as a 10, on the left and the right. hes both footed, has pace and accuracy. He also stepped up repeatedly for United in games at Wembley when others hid. Id reassess "bang average" with some facts and comparisons.

7 hours ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

That "bang average player" was a highlight under Jose, scored key goals, has as many assists as Jota this year who is meant to be on fire. He went on loan to a club in a January window and transformed them into a force. he has goals and assists for his country and a goal in a World Cup. Hes an exceptional team mate, plays as a 10, on the left and the right. hes both footed, has pace and accuracy. He also stepped up repeatedly for United in games at Wembley when others hid. Id reassess "bang average" with some facts and comparisons.

United FFS.

7 hours ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

I've watched every game he's played for Manchester United. He's bang average.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Yes, but bang average is a good step up from what we have at our disposal in those area of the pitch. It’s a pity we didn’t get him.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

So no different to the majority of your players then?

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Outside of ASM, our current options are Willock, Almiron, Fraser, Ritchie and Murphy. The gulf in class between Lingard and that lot is huge, bang average or not

Just now, HTT II said:

Have you seen them play lately?

I've seen Lingard. :lol:

A lot of people seem to use Lingard's spell at West Ham as an indication of how good he is. Willock had a pretty much identical spell with you lot.

They're all scrap, and you'll be looking higher than the likes of those guys in the next 6-18 months.

I was well up for us signing him right up to the "Etikite fee agreed" reports, with another revival after the Etikite deal collapsed.We have ended up an attacker light.

The way the Lingard deal ended though, I think Chris Waugh is probably correct in that we were right to not sign him on the terms offered, because going forward, the new regime need to establish themselves as competent transfer negotiators and not a soft touch who'll overpay for everyone.