Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Howe is just keeping harmony in the squad, mentally we are on the up (with what we saw can be a mentally weak team under Bruce) and he is just making the players that have done a good job in midfield feel valued, while both protecting and motivating Bruno a bit. He will see minutes on Sunday either from the start or off the bench. All three in the middle worked their arse off on Tuesday. 

9 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

I don’t get this. What is the right time for introducing him to the starting team? Wood, Trippier, and Targett did not have to wait for a right time, why Bruno, especially him being  the most talented out of the new signings. 

Those 3 all know the league.  Bruno doesn't.

Guest reefatoon

If we go on a winning streak to the end of the season, he won’t even get a game. He’ll then hand in a transfer request and be sold in the summer. Man what a 3 minutes though. 

6 hours ago, LV said:

“He is certainly someone we're keen to see play," adds Howe. "He's an outstanding talent, we've seen that in training already and in his very brief cameo the other night. But it will have to be at the right time to introduce him to the starting XI.”

From Howe’s interview with Sky Sports 

Straight out of the Pardew-book. 

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

Trippier came straight in when bought.

Manquillo had a cracker against Leeds. Next game he's out to make way for the new boy. I don't think delicate feelings will play a part. 

Unless Manquillo was injured? 

Trippier was very much a known with loads of experience of the Premier.

Got to admit I'm torn........but I'd probs go the Keegan/Asprilla route.

8 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

I don’t get this. What is the right time for introducing him to the starting team? Wood, Trippier, and Targett did not have to wait for a right time, why Bruno, especially him being  the most talented out of the new signings. 

that’s a fair point 

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

New to the league, country etc. I think its pretty reasonable to think he might need to be bedded in over a couple of weeks.

also a fair point and what is happening, managed the right way in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Nine said:

New to the league, country etc. I think its pretty reasonable to think he might need to be bedded in over a couple of weeks.

Did he look like he was intimidated or not fitting in during the 6 minutes he played?  Did he seem overwhelmed or unsure?

He looked fucking great. Get his ass into the squad. Unless Eddie sees something that concerns him, get him in the game.

Gotta say, he looked like he wasn't quite on the pace for this one.  Maybe came on slightly undercooked, which is understandable.  Must be shite being the big man stuck on the bench for 90 minutes. 

But even still, he was faultless and every contribution was rock fucking solid.  Ball win and instant pass to ASM and the committed header to win the freekick.  

Cannot wait to see him start a game.

4 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

I now, I know, early days, but he didn't look very athletic to me, which is bit worrying?  (Ducks for cover.)

He's played about 10 minutes over two games like, there's early days and then there's that :lol:

5 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

I now, I know, early days, but he didn't look very athletic to me, which is bit worrying?  (Ducks for cover.)

He isn’t athletic at all. That’s his biggest weakness. He covers a lot of ground but isn’t the quickest. I’ve said it before but he’s going to have to have someone next to him to do most of the running.

I just don't get it. Good enough for Brazil but Newcastle..? Nah we've got Joelinton. Watch and learn.

Don't get me wrong, I like our squad and are happy to see our midfield. 

But Bruno is one of, if not THE best player we have. 

Must feel like an insult just to play the last minutes of a game. 

How is he suppose to acclimatize when the game is about clearing the ball in panic and defending a lead? Makes no sense

Just now, PAINFIELD said:

I just don't get it. Good enough for Brazil but Newcastle..? Nah we've got Joelinton. Watch and learn.

Don't get me wrong, I like our squad and are happy to see our midfield. 

But Bruno is one of, if not THE best player we have. 

Must feel like an insult just to play the last minutes of a game. 

How is he suppose to acclimatize when the game is about clearing the ball in panic and defending a lead? Makes no sense

He's picking/keeping a winning team. Bruno will get his chance man, chill out. 

Think it was obvious that Howe had his hands tied this game given the 2 forced subs due to injuries. I would have imagined he would have got more minutes today if the injuries 

Edited by Andy
Ridiculous amount of empty lines removed.