Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Not sure on the rules around yellows these days but both Shelvey and Jo had their 5th today, so you'd think he'd get a chance. Great management from Eddie tbh, the players are running through walls for him and it'd be gutting to play well, win and lose your place. Bruno will get his chance soon and no doubt cement a first-team place. 

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Not sure on the rules around yellows these days but both Shelvey and Jo had their 5th today, so you'd think he'd get a chance. Great management from Eddie tbh, the players are running through walls for him and it'd be gutting to play well, win and lose your place. Bruno will get his chance soon and no doubt cement a first-team place. 

Deadline for five bookings was GW19. You need ten to get suspended now I believe.

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

You need 10 for a suspension now i think.

Just now, morpeth mag said:

Deadline for five bookings was GW19. You need ten to get suspended now I believe.

Ah I see - thank you. Still think he'll get a start in the next couple of games and will fly from there, once he's in he'll be staying in (fitness permitting).

10 minutes ago, PAINFIELD said:

I just don't get it. Good enough for Brazil but Newcastle..? Nah we've got Joelinton. Watch and learn.

Don't get me wrong, I like our squad and are happy to see our midfield. 

But Bruno is one of, if not THE best player we have. 

Must feel like an insult just to play the last minutes of a game. 

How is he suppose to acclimatize when the game is about clearing the ball in panic and defending a lead? Makes no sense

He would have come on earlier but Howe will have been worried about cramp.

It was a risk either way. We won though so cannot really complain.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

44 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Gotta say, he looked like he wasn't quite on the pace for this one. 

But even still, he was faultless and every contribution was rock fucking solid.  Ball win and instant pass to ASM and the committed header to win the freekick.  

Cannot wait to see him start a game.

How can a player who comes on in the 90th minute look "off the pace" while also being "faultless" and "rock fucking solid"? 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He doesn’t look quite PL-level athletic at the moment, think that’s fair to say. Whether he needs to be, I dunno. 

Jonjo shelvey is starting games for us, which i think answers your question. 

Just now, David Edgar said:

I have no said that btw :lol:  Just that he came onto a game looking a little undercooked compared to the last game when he was flying about.

He was fine but coming on when you are winning 3-1 to when you are winning 1-0 and holding on is different circumstances