Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The only aspect of his game I'd suggest is a bit average or even below average is that his shots seem to lack power, even a couple of his crosses seemed to take a lot of effort (though one still led to a chance for ASM)

However the above doesn't affect what he's in the team for and I can't wait until we have a top striker and RW to see the best of him 

I’d agree with that. Even his long range passes are kind of lofty and slow. He doesn’t seem to strike the ball cleanly a lot of the time. Whilst simultaneously being outstanding on the ball :lol:  

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Imagine Bruno in Man City's side, would be unfair.

Luckily FCB is gone and we don't actually have to worry about losing Bruno. 

Don’t think he gets a game (as-is).  

btw I think the Cabaye comparisons are good. Similar strengths, similar limitations. 

Cabaye hit a ball a lot cleaner and harder. Would be a set piece threat as well, unlike Bruno. 

I also remember him being less mobile and not as sound defensively or dribbling with the ball. 

The main comparison to me is that they are small’ish centre mids, signed from Ligue 1 and that Cabaye is probably the last top class all round centre mid that we had. So it seems natural that they are going to get compared with each other. 

Cabaye was closer to Shelvey (and a lot lot better tbh) in that he wasnt quick and had excellent range of passing but Bruno has a lot quicker speed of thought with quicker feet, more short ranged incisiveness. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

TV. 

So you could only see him when on or near the ball. Whereas I could. There were times when he was having little breathers. Explains Howes plan of slowly introducing him to the league. He’s start 3 games iirc. He was blowing against Southampton and was subbed around 65. Against Everton we started to loose midfield control around the same time and only got respite of them going down to 10. Wolves starting taking control and getting into the game similar sort of time.

He’ll be fine hopefully but just a little worrying. I said the same about Cabaye from the start and hardly anyone agreed with me at the time so I’m not offended ?

Don’t think it helped him playing alongside Shelvey. Even Joelinton wasn’t as all action as he had been during our unbeaten run last night.

30 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Bruno's like 6ft, isn't he? Definitely has more athletic potential than Cabaye, once he's adjusted and had a preseason.

He feels like a Cabaye-Gini hybrid, style-wise.

He is 6 ft, so calling him a smallish central midfielder is a bit odd.

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So you could only see him when on or near the ball. Whereas I could. There were times when he was having little breathers. Explains Howes plan of slowly introducing him to the league. He’s start 3 games iirc. He was blowing against Southampton and was subbed around 65. Against Everton we started to loose midfield control around the same time and only got respite of them going down to 10. Wolves starting taking control and getting into the game similar sort of time.

He’ll be fine hopefully but just a little worrying. I said the same about Cabaye from the start and hardly anyone agreed with me at the time so I’m not offended ?

Don’t think it helped him playing alongside Shelvey. Even Joelinton wasn’t as all action as he had been during our unbeaten run last night.

That's a valuable insight. I wasn't too sure if we controlled the first half, or if Wolves did, by allowing us to. Their mini resurgence at the beginning of the second half did worry me that they had played it to a tee, although they never came close. Oddly reassuring to know that our performance levels dropped.

12 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

He is 6 ft, so calling him a smallish central midfielder is a bit odd.

Doesn’t look 6ft and seems pretty slight. Not a short arse like Cabaye, though. What was he, 5ft 8”? 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

He must be the smallest looking 6ft I’ve ever seen like. Doesn’t look it to me at all 

Was going to say the same. Thought he was far shorter than that. 

34 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He must be the smallest looking 6ft I’ve ever seen like. Doesn’t look it to me at all 

You’ve not stood next to Shay Given then ?