Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

8 hours ago, Pata said:

He can love the city and the club and still demand a fair pay for his services, it's his job.

We are underpaying many of our core players, hope we can manage it well without any unnecessary drama in the following years. Glad Howe appears to be really good at stuff like this but it's almost inevitable that at some point we will have problems related to the wage structure.

I agree , I just don’t think we should get sucked in 

They are professional footballers and say all the right things 

He’s my favourite player alongside Isak 

He’s super ambitious though and I have the feeling his head will be turned if he doesn’t get what he wants in terms of money or trophies (that’s fair enough)

24 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Agreed

Targett basically getting an assist from our box, Willock sending Theilemans (sp?) for Chronicle, Mendy not getting a 2nd yellow for rugby tackling Big Joe, the cross, the deflection, the lung bursting run, the header, the net, the crowd, the commentary. 

Sheer poetry 

The summer should be about negotiating with clubs and incoming players rather than negotiating extensions to players already tied to long term contracts, especially when he has come back to pre season so off the pace. 

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The summer should be about negotiating with clubs and incoming players rather than negotiating extensions to players already tied to long term contracts, especially when he has come back to pre season so off the pace. 

don’t see why you can’t do both. 

I think the "I have a doubt" was taken out of context especially by the trouble making press.

He seems very committed to the club. English is not his first language and the trouble making press.

Will seize on this sort of quote. Just relax and enjoy his football hopefully his ankle holds up this season.

Anyone suggesting Bruno doesn’t get into that Real side because of the young guys hasn’t seen much of Tchouameni or Camavinga. Both are extremely raw still, and while both have enormous potential, Bruno definitely had a better season. Bruno would walk into that midfield now that Modric and Kroos are getting older.

that being said, he shouldn’t be leaving us and neither will he. Hope he has another good season for us.

Bit annoyed actually, i was hoping he'd come back in pre season firing on all cylinders.

I hope his ankle is fixed and I hope in the next 2 weeks he comes up through the gears.

I’m annoyed reading the last few pages of this thread at a few of ye. Shitting on Bruno all of a sudden? Short fucking memories is all I have to say.

Him and Isak are our best players currently. Irreplaceable.

He hasn’t been on fire this pre season but so what.. he looked a little irritated against Brighton and it’s no wonder, having Craig fucking Hopelessness asking him questions about his future and contract before the game.

We’re bloody lucky to have him. Remember that and remember we had a midfield of Jack Colback and Vurnon Anita not so long ago.

Entitled little shites.

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m annoyed reading the last few pages of this thread at a few of ye. Shitting on Bruno all of a sudden? Short fucking memories is all I have to say.

Him and Isak are our best players currently. Irreplaceable.

He hasn’t been on fire this pre season but so what.. he looked a little irritated against Brighton and it’s no wonder, having Craig fucking Hopelessness asking him questions about his future and contract before the game.

We’re bloody lucky to have him. Remember that and remember we had a midfield of Jack Colback and Vurnon Anita not so long ago.

Entitled little shites.

Anyone shitting on him needs a heed wobble.

But that’s not the same as saying he doesn’t walk into the Real Madrid team. 

16 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

don’t see why you can’t do both. 

Because you set a higher benchmark than needed.

If you’d renewed Bruno’s contract when everyone was crying on here for it to be done before the Cup Final you’d now be paying Tonali a lot more than needed and probably Barnes to a degree.

Let the window close then renew his contract first international break.

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, Craig Hope is a trouble making cunt.  I hate local hacks who try to create drama so that they’ve got something to print, then claim that they’re supporters of the club. 

I like a lot of what Hope says but I agree he likes these kind of stories that stir up a bit of drama. Much ado about nothing re Bruno if you ask me. He’ll sign a new deal eventually and be with us a few seasons yet. 

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, Craig Hope is a trouble making cunt.  I hate local hacks who try to create drama so that they’ve got something to print, then claim that they’re supporters of the club. 

Agree, gone right off him. Got a huge bye from a lot of our fans for the Bruce drama but since then he's written some absolute garbage. Had a mini pop at Isak after the home draw with Bournemouth even though he had 2 goals in 3 games. He then hid Twitter replies criticising the article and said 'it's not my job to help players settle'. Couldn't wait to get the Fraser in the reserves story out there in cup final week when he could've just sat on it to avoid any disturbance to positivity. The article he wrote on Maxi recently and the £50m budget story. Now this stirring on a nothing comment about Bruno's contract. 

Have always gotten the vibe as well from him that as soon as we hit a bit of a sticky patch he'll be the first one going after Howe.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Agree, gone right off him. Got a huge bye from a lot of our fans for the Bruce drama but since then he's written some absolute garbage. Had a mini pop at Isak after the home draw with Bournemouth even though he had 2 goals in 3 games. He then hid Twitter replies criticising the article and said 'it's not my job to help players settle'. Couldn't wait to get the Fraser in the reserves story out there in cup final week when he could've just sat on it to avoid any disturbance to positivity. The article he wrote on Maxi recently and the £50m budget story. Now this stirring on a nothing comment about Bruno's contract. 

Have always gotten the vibe as well from him that as soon as we hit a bit of a sticky patch he'll be the first one going after Howe.

The Fraser cup final was nothing short of a disgrace.  No-one could argue that Ryan Fraser was going to sell copy, yet doing that could seriously harm our preparations.

Moon landing denying wanker. 

6 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I like a lot of what Hope says but I agree he likes these kind of stories that stir up a bit of drama. Much ado about nothing re Bruno if you ask me.

What paper does he write for again?..... :lol: 

He does always seem to look for a negative angle and seems to revel in stirring the pot.  Generates clicks from needlessly gloomy pieces.  

Edwards as well. Wrote an article with a title insinuating that Howe was not being backed in the market deliberately.   Opened it and it was just another FFP drone piece 

Edited by Andy84

22 hours ago, STM said:

Bit annoyed actually, i was hoping he'd come back in pre season firing on all cylinders.

I hope his ankle is fixed and I hope in the next 2 weeks he comes up through the gears.

Yeah he definitely faded the last couple of months of the season, but supposedly he was carrying an ankle injury, he was getting caught on the ball much more than earlier in the season. Never really heard much about the injury since then, but I doubt he'd be playing preseason games if it wasn't recovered. Think he's probably just getting back up to full speed at this point.

On Guimaraes, Howe said: “I don’t think Bruno wants to leave. I feel we are protected enough.

“The most important person in this is Bruno. He sees this season as a huge opportunity for him to play on the best stage that he can and to try and help Newcastle grow.

“That is the most important thing, not necessarily if a club comes in, it is where the player feels his home is and I think he feels that his home is Newcastle.”

Howe added: “You can never tell what will happen in football, I can’t sit here and say clubs won’t be interested in Bruno – for me, he’s an outstanding player. But I see a player who is very committed to this football club.”

Home is where the heart is! I think we know where Bruno’s home is. :smitten: