Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Is there another team where individual players get as much love and attention we give to Bruno?  

Fucking sickening isn't it, imagine fans loving genuinely good players eh. 

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Is there another team where individual players get as much love and attention we give to Bruno?  

Probably, it’s kind of what football fans do.

2 hours ago, vicente_14 said:

There were suggestions a few sides in the league had looked at him (& Paqueta) prior to us and decided he was too slow for our league so passed. He has arrived here and that perceived lack of pace hasnt held him back in any way at all. Technically he is as good a midfield player as you could ever see for us, to say he isnt a good enough passer is crazy, his range of passing is up there with the very best, long or short, that pass he has in the locker that he plays inside the full-back is pure filth. He has imposed himself against the vast majority and walks into ANY Premier League side, hence the links with the teams sat in positons one and two and talk of 100m. He’s on another level completely to Nunes as well, if he had Rodri sat next to him adding some protection he would get even better. Bruno can beat a man & surprisingly quite often give his lack of pace, he loves a nutmeg, drop of the shoulder or quick change of direction, his football intelligence is streets ahead of most of those around him. His shooting isnt his strongest attribute but goals have never been a big part of his game and have been a welcome bonus. Not good enough technically is a wild take. 

Fabulous post. I am someone who was always quite sceptical of CMs who lacked pace, I used to roast Shelvey, Colback and Nicky Butt for that reason, but Bruno has completely won me over in that regard. His technique is so good that being slightly less quick is far less of a factor, especially going forward where he has a surprising burst of pace over the first 5 yards. Defensively he will commit a few fouls when he catches people who beat him for pace, but even that is surprisingly rare, because he's got such quick feet.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Does he really? Obviously I know he loves it here and knocks about a bit but does he genuinely get in the boozers?

i think its when his own mates come over.

there's often instagram posts of him having a pint with them in town and a recent one in the metrocentre having a pint with a couple of his mates..

If we need to sell Bruno to make our FFP commitments, I'd rather we just take the 4 point penalty.

He's worth well more than that to us.

12 hours ago, Paulinho said:

I really think he’d fail miserably at Arsenal or City. Just not quite technically good enough

Have you ever watched him play? :lol:

4 hours ago, tgarve said:

I think Bruno’s overrated

^^^^^^^^How to let everyone know you know fuck all about football, without actually saying “I know fuck all about football”.^^^^^^

5 hours ago, nufcnick said:

^^^^^^^^How to let everyone know you know fuck all about football, without actually saying “I know fuck all about football”.^^^^^^

I think he’s great- I just don’t think he’s a 100million player. I don’t think someone would pay that much 

sorry for not having the sheep opinion on something that’s subjective 

42 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I think he’s great- I just don’t think he’s a 100million player. I don’t think someone would pay that much 

Well neither Caicado, Fernandez or Rice are worth £100M+ IMO either, but that’s the value their previous clubs put on them. And if someone else wants to buy Bruno it’s what they’re going to have to front up

46 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Sheep Eating GIF

God loves a trier. Manages to shin a long ball over for Barnes to head in, and then swings a peg at the ball so it bobbles into the path of Isak to finish. He'll take credit for the assists of course, and it's good he keeps having a go, but dearie me he didn't know much about it :-X

Who in the league is a £100 million midfielder in your opinion?

Whether he is or not that's at least what he's worth to us....100m cash can't sit in a midfield for us, but a Bruno can better than most in the league.