Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, CheikBoom said:

He can have 100 million suitors but unless someone coughs up £100m by June 30th he's going nowhere.

Stop bedwetting. 

£100m cash at that.

Hope he stays as he's class, however if a CL club come in and his ambitions take him there then so be it 

We'll have had 2 and a half fantastic years and made a whopping profit.

Just now, The Fountain said:

Hope he stays as he's class, however if a CL club come in and his ambitions take him there then so be it 

We'll have had 2 and a half fantastic years and made a whopping profit.

Thankfully we can start to worry about that after next season :indi:

are their really that many clubs in the world with the ability to pay (if the rumours are right) £100 Million in cash in 1 lump to us, before end of June? And out of that potentially small list of clubs, how many would Bruno actually want to play for over us?

13 hours ago, Novocastrian said:

I don't generally get attached to players but from the outset it was clear he was a bit different. I'll be gutted if and when he leaves. Saying that the Carroll transfer hit me harder than Gazza, Beardsley et al, it was just so totally pointless and the player was worth more to us than the money we received. I started out in the morning laughing at the links with Liverpool and followed the saga throughout the whole day, broke my heart.

Me too mate. It's one of the reasons I hate Liverpool so much. 

Yeah the Carroll departure really drove home what we were and would always be under Ashley. Almost criminal that it was was more than a decade later he finally fucked off.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Really hope tomorrow isn’t his last game for us.

He’ll be playing on Wednesday too mate don’t worry

52 minutes ago, Ben said:

Hopefully Pep announces after tomorrow's game he's leaving after the cup final.

Realise you are being casual but I’m not sure how much longer he has got at City - I don’t think he’ll be there in 3 years certainly but I reckon he wants one more CL before going.

6 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Realise you are being casual but I’m not sure how much longer he has got at City - I don’t think he’ll be there in 3 years certainly but I reckon he wants one more CL before going.

I think if he had won the champions league this season he would've stepped down

I agree, you can tell he’s fed up.. been pissy with journos and pundits for ages now. Looks a man who needs a break.

What next though. It wound certainly be a club but at what league? Italy maybe as he’s not conquered there yet?

I really think he’d fail miserably at Arsenal or City. Just not quite technically good enough (and chronically immobile). A Premier League team with Champions League ambitions (i.e. us) or somewhere like PSG is his level. 

1 minute ago, Paulinho said:

I really think he’d fail miserably at Arsenal or City. Just not quite technically good enough (and chronically immobile). A Premier League team with Champions League ambitions (i.e. us) or somewhere like PSG is his level. 

Bruno not good enough technically?! No chance.

As far as mobility goes Arsenal were playing Jorginho most of last season and he is slower, weaker and less physical than Bruno.

11 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Not good enough technically…. :lol:  I don’t find it hard to admit our players weaknesses but this definitely ain’t one of them when it comes to Bruno. Technically he is world class, 100% undeniable. 

19 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Good grief,  have a break 

maybe he just means his technique is a bit... unorthodox? on the eye, you can't deny he's a bit clunky. but he is effective. so it's not really a fair criticism as it's a stylistic thing.

he's no Viduka, put it that way.

31 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

wtf man ?

You’d think he was an absolute clogger based on this description dear me. 

No, what I mean is he’s not good enough technically. Not a good enough passer, - either short or long range - can’t beat a man, can’t take set pieces, can’t shoot with any conviction and has shown an almost complete inability to impose himself upon the midfields of the best teams. Good player, not great, and will be more Nunes than Rodri at City.