Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

33 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

I really think he’d fail miserably at Arsenal or City. Just not quite technically good enough (and chronically immobile). A Premier League team with Champions League ambitions (i.e. us) or somewhere like PSG is his level. 

He's technically very good like.

If he goes it'll be to PSG, ticks all boxes. Played in France before, in the CL and would double his wage.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

No, what I mean is he’s not good enough technically. Not a good enough passer, - either short or long range - can’t beat a man, can’t take set pieces, can’t shoot with any conviction and has shown an almost complete inability to impose himself upon the midfields of the best teams. Good player, not great, and will be more Nunes than Rodri at City.

Agreed until 'can't beat a man'. Absurd take.

Edited by nemtizz

6 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

No, what I mean is he’s not good enough technically. Not a good enough passer, - either short or long range - can’t beat a man, can’t take set pieces, can’t shoot with any conviction and has shown an almost complete inability to impose himself upon the midfields of the best teams. Good player, not great, and will be more Nunes than Rodri at City.

You are wrong in every single way, astonishingly enough.

This might not be the sport for you to follow, if you don't understand it to this extent.

My goodness.

He'd be an absolute perfect replacement for Gundogan at City whom I think has been missed there, was going to say realy badly missed but not like they've been doing badly...

Really hope he stays

49 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

I really think he’d fail miserably at Arsenal or City. Just not quite technically good enough (and chronically immobile). A Premier League team with Champions League ambitions (i.e. us) or somewhere like PSG is his level. 

Congrats on winning stinking take of the season

23 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

This is one hot (steamy pile of shit) take.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Well he was quite good against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manu and Villa. Only City he didnt dominate or was very good. Few are as they are up against the best DM in the world. He also had some good/very good short and long passes in those games. He doesnt shoot with any conviction I will give you that..

Edited by nufc123

59 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

worst post ever. 

If he does go to City Pep will need to coach that desire to hold the ball for just a bit too long.  He'll probably have more options for a pass but that's his only failing for me

4 hours ago, Fezzle said:

There's been some rank takes this week on here, seems to get worse each day. Rabiot FFS

Seems I hadnt even seen the worst post today FFS 

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

When it comes to technique, the only real problem Bruno has is some of the players around him.

Was thinking exactly this in the game against Man U where the game sort of passed him by simply because no one was good enough to work the midfield along with him. Either they were stood passively watching, or passing it backwards to one of our defenders.

1 hour ago, Paulinho said:

perma ban.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

his dad will make him stay.

loves a pint in the toon with his mates.

Does he really? Obviously I know he loves it here and knocks about a bit but does he genuinely get in the boozers?

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

You are wrong in every single way, astonishingly enough.

This might not be the sport for you to follow, if you don't understand it to this extent.

My goodness.

Agree...he'd comfortably improve Arsenal and City.

He's dragged down by Longstaff here. With proper quality around him he'd be seen as one of the leagues best, more than he already is

1 hour ago, Paulinho said:

There were suggestions a few sides in the league had looked at him (& Paqueta) prior to us and decided he was too slow for our league so passed. He has arrived here and that perceived lack of pace hasnt held him back in any way at all. Technically he is as good a midfield player as you could ever see for us, to say he isnt a good enough passer is crazy, his range of passing is up there with the very best, long or short, that pass he has in the locker that he plays inside the full-back is pure filth. He has imposed himself against the vast majority and walks into ANY Premier League side, hence the links with the teams sat in positons one and two and talk of 100m. He’s on another level completely to Nunes as well, if he had Rodri sat next to him adding some protection he would get even better. Bruno can beat a man & surprisingly quite often give his lack of pace, he loves a nutmeg, drop of the shoulder or quick change of direction, his football intelligence is streets ahead of most of those around him. His shooting isnt his strongest attribute but goals have never been a big part of his game and have been a welcome bonus. Not good enough technically is a wild take. 

Posted (edited)

I'd put him in the same league as Declan Rice, meaning he could be an important player to any team. Declan Rice was deemed not good enough offensively but people who didn't follow West Ham closely. With better players around him he is doing great on that part. Most West Ham fans knew about this part of his game all along, he just couldn't show it as often with those teammates and the tactics.

I don't think Bruno has been a standout player for Brazil, but he has been picked to play several times. That team is pretty damn stacked. He's not a Rodri, but he's still one of the better midfielders in the league. The consistency and ability to avoid fatigue and/or injuries is also something that the biggest clubs appreciates.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Congrats on winning stinking take of the season

Didn't we used to have a worst post of the season thread? This has to be a contender

Posted (edited)

And for balance:

Bruno is possibly even more press resistant than Rodri.

His ball retention is outstanding.

He inspires those around him.

His short range passing is impeccable.

His long range passing is outrageous.

His shooting... OK, got me there. Still chips in with goals though.

When he has taken corners in the past they are no worse than Trippier.

Bruno is the reason why football is the most popular sport on the planet. Individual brilliance, who's character seeps onto the football pitch with every touch.

Is he as good as Rodri, probably not but Bruno isn't playing for Man City and who cares anyway, we love Bruno he's a beautiful, beautiful, Brazilian bastard.

Edited by STM