Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Nah. He came here when he didn’t need to. He could play for Real, City, Barca. He’s earned the new contract by being one of the best players to ever play for us. He can’t win the CL on his own.

Well of course he can't, and that is NOT what I was saying. I was questioning the validity of the tweet.

I don't believe it (the tweet), basically.

50 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Have we?

Meant to phrase that post better, it was in response to posts above asking if we were all comfortable with him asking for more money…my point was meant to be, I’d be more worried that we weren’t backing up a truckload of cash to give him whatever the fuck he wants! Didn’t quite come off. Anyway, all very worrying indeed. 

1 hour ago, Irish Magpie said:

I love the guy and want him to have a great career but he has honestly done fuck'all yet. He already earns a fortune compared to the normal working man! Why does he need parity with the best players at other clubs, does he really think he is being shortchanged here?

I don’t think you should compare his wage to a normal working man. :lol: Getting us to CL is a massive achievement and he was one of our most important players. Casemiro and Enzo are making three times more, we are not going that high but he absolutely deserves more as does many other key players in the squad. It’s a dilemma but thankfully we have good people figuring it out.

3 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Meant to phrase that post better, it was in response to posts above asking if we were all comfortable with him asking for more money…my point was meant to be, I’d be more worried that we weren’t backing up a truckload of cash to give him whatever the fuck he wants! Didn’t quite come off. Anyway, all very worrying indeed. 

Fair enough. I'm sure it'll be the normal process of meeting somewhere in the middle. I doubt we've low balled him.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Modric? 

I wouldn’t say his career has been defined by blistering speed, and in his latter years he’s been elite without ever being defined by his athleticism. As long as you can keep up with the pace of the game - which Bruno can - he’s grand.

2 hours ago, aa5773 said:

Just like I said fortnight ago, the main block to the negotiation is salary. Still no point of convergence as far as I know. The club still optimist though.

You're literally the worst 'ITK' on the site. More of a 'KFA'. 

As long as Pep is at City I see no risk at all losing Bruno to Man City. 

Personally I don't think he's too small and short to play for Guardiola, and not good enough either(..yet....)  Man City/Pep/Arteta were after Jorginho same time as Chelsea, but got Rodri - Arteta got Jorginho years later at Arsenal for a reason. 

End of the day, we are in a Fortress of Solitude - if we are now in a position to say £200 for Bruno.