Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Thought Bruno had a much better game personally than others are seeing, that scuffed shot and a poor pass that I recall were the only things that come to mind. His touch, use of his body, his general passing etc was sharper in my opinion 

Yeah I would agree, he's an excellent player I totally agree, and I love him to be honest, and I think theirs been moments since he came where he has been amazing, however - the form has dropped and its a continuation of the end of last season. You can 'christ' me all you like, but the facts are true.

Just now, gbandit said:

Thought Bruno had a much better game personally than others are seeing, that scuffed shot and a poor pass that I recall were the only things that come to mind. His touch, use of his body, his general passing etc was sharper in my opinion 

Quite a few poor lay off touches - under / over hit passes etc.  He wasn’t poor - he was ok.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tonali was the better of the three for me.  Bruno had another Bruno 2023 performance.

I think the lad needs to worry more about his performances than improved contracts.  

Don’t agree with this, and if it was true I bet Tonali would’ve still been on the pitch towards the end.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Definitely our best midfielder, possibly best out of the front 6 along with Miggy (despite his decision making). We were playing the best team in the world and lost 1-0 through a fantastic goal :lol:

Yeah? I didn’t say our overall performance was poor. Defensively we were very good. Pope, Trippier and Botman were great. Our midfield and attack struggled, no surprise there for the reason you mention.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Needs to move the ball faster. 

Teams are closing down his favourite passing angles.  
He was over run in the main. But didn’t think he was especially poor or anything. 

I suppose you have to rate him on what he is their to do - did he defend well, he was 'okay' in that regard. Did he create anything? No imo. Did he score or attack well? Only 1 chance, and he fluffed it massively.

He set a much higher bar in the first half of last year, and blamed being injured on his less good performances in the second half of last year. But against elite opposition tonight, he did not stand out, and when he had a chance he fluffed it.

He's the one having to adjust his game more than anyone else with Tonali coming in. If they can read each other it'll be a treat, if not there'll be times when it misfires and we'll need a back up plan.

I feel like he’s been off it for ages, aye.

By “it” I mean his superb opening half-season of form, though, which was genuinely unbelievable.

Maybe that’s just not his permanent level? Maybe other sides have clocked how to play him? Maybe he’s not suited/chuffed to be the deep-lying player every week? Maybe fatherhood has claimed another victim?

Just want the old Bruno back.

Most touches, most passes, highest pass accuracy, most duels won, most fouls won and yet he was poor to some. He wasn’t fantastic by any means, but he was one of our better (or less worse) players tonight imo.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Most touches, most passes, highest pass accuracy, most duels won, most fouls won and yet he was poor to some. He wasn’t fantastic by any means, but he was one of our better (or less worse) players tonight imo.

He’s probably our best player. The demands are high.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Stats don't tell the full story though and this is a prime example. Thought Tonali looked better tonight but in all honesty they just overran our midfield. We have a long way to go to get anywhere near their level.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He was OK in general but fluffed his lines at the crucial points. That’s what sets the great players from good players they do it when it counts. He was doing it last season until he got himself banned before the final but not been at that level since. Confident he’ll regain those levels again.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

For whatever reason he seemed to not want to play the riskier/more progressive passes he was constantly playing previously. 

Which explains his high pass accuracy. As I said sometimes these stats can be a bit misleading.