Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

7 hours ago, St1pe said:

Someone on here mention the other week that he was the new target for boo boys to scapegoat and the lad got shut down for it. You can actually see it starting on twitter the same way it did with ASM. Weird narratives are already starting [emoji38]

It's incredible. Normally the same names as well.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Someone on here mention the other week that he was the new target for boo boys to scapegoat and the lad got shut down for it. You can actually see it starting on twitter the same way it did with ASM. Weird narratives are already starting [emoji38]

I can't stand the boo boys but having said that Bruno is not performing as he should/could.  He doesn't help himself by having to try and do a trick or posing a bit with the ball.  That pathetic effort he had.  Why did he have to roll the ball with his studs before his attempt at goal?   A simple one touch then hit the f#cking ball and he would have at least tested the goalkeeper.

Edited by Rod

Everyone has the right to critique any players performance, but his chance on goal aside he was far from shite.

Maybe it's natural, the higher the profile of a player the greater they get slated or adulated. 

Bruno's class, but sad reality is we'll one day sign a £40M player who turns out total dogshit. Until that day comes, we can't slate Bruno for having a 5/10 performance away to Man City in a 1-0 loss!

23 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Most annoying thing is Bruno just like ASM, absolutely love the club and fans.

It was a bit painful to watch Bruno try to catch up with Foden when he got past him. Phoden was faster with the the ball than Bruno is without it :lol:

Other than a physical limitation he can't do anything about and one mistimed kick he did well. Expect him to be one of our best performers this season.

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It was a bit painful to watch Bruno try to catch up with Foden when he got past him. Phoden was faster with the the ball than Bruno is without it :lol:

Other than a physical limitation he can't do anything about and one mistimed kick he did well. Expect him to be one of our best performers this season.

Foden was absolutely superb last night. He's a better player than Bruno tbf and there'll be many more central midfielders this season who will come up well short against him so it's certainly no disgrace to be coming off 2nd best.

We are still a fair way behind Man City but I'm confident that slowly but surely we will catch up.

4 hours ago, St1pe said:

Yup it's starting, although he is behind Miggy in that regard.

5 hours ago, Rod said:

I can't stand the boo boys but having said that Bruno is not performing as he should/could.  He doesn't help himself by having to try and do a trick or posing a bit with the ball.  That pathetic effort he had.  Why did he have to roll the ball with his studs before his attempt at goal?   A simple one touch then hit the f#cking ball and he would have at least tested the goalkeeper.

He always and to be fair most modern players do, does roll with his studs, so it’s not like he was show boating with the chance

Edited by Monters
Missed word

The problem most of us are having is that we see that he is not at the same elite level he set last year.

He just hasn't really got going this season, again  we need to give him a chance to find his form.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

The problem most of us are having is that we see that he is not at the same elite level he set last year.

He just hasn't really got going this season, again  we need to give him a chance to find his form.

2 games

23 hours ago, Rod said:

A lot of technically good players do that roll with the studs thing to control and set up the ball for the next pass/ shot/ movement. 

I think it’s something a lot of players are taught at a young age, maybe even when they are playing futsal

When he arrived he was an 8/10 in a 5-6/10 team. Last season he was an 8/10 In a 7/10 team (individual wise). Now the rest of the team are at, or closer to his ability, he'll not stand out as much. He's great man. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I just think people focus on his mistakes. I can kind of understand why, because the stuff he does (like taking extra time and inviting pressure) is not really the kind of football we're used to praising. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I do think he’s hit a bit of lull in performances and teams have setup plans against him. 

But he’s still a wonderful footballer and his floor level of performance is higher than what we are used to.  

Aye he'll be fine. He's still a solid 6/7 even when he's underperforming. I've no doubt he'll get back to the level he's been at, it just might not appear it all of the time as he's not miles ahead of his team mates anymore.