Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah Bruno was excellent yesterday apart from that one stupid costly moment. It was his best game in 6 months. Shame.

Excellent? Man you must really like short safe passes in the middle of the pitch.

Didnt create a single chance.

Didnt win the ball a single time.

Well below 50% success rate on passes that wasnt short and safe.

Got dispossesed multiple times.

On his one attempt on goal the ball went out of the stadium.

Which moments of excellence did i miss?

8 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Excellent? Man you must really like short safe passes in the middle of the pitch.

Didnt create a single chance.

Didnt win the ball a single time.

Well below 50% success rate on passes that wasnt short and safe.

Got dispossesed multiple times.

On his one attempt on goal the ball went out of the stadium.

Which moments of excellence did i miss?

Made 5 tackles.

Just checked before calling you out on talking shit. :thup:

6 hours ago, KingArthur said:

This does not solve the issue when we have possession. Joelinton is a ball winner and an aggressive forward looking midfielder. We would need someone in the mold of Fabinho. Who can break up play, play the easy pass and defend the are in front of our back 4. When we lose the ball there is sometimes acres of space in front of our CBs. And that is because usually Bruno is not there, or he is the one losing the ball. A solid DM would allow our full backs to push up and wingers to come inside.

Prime Cheick Tiote would be great there. 

Or just bring David Batty back!

10 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

Or just bring David Batty back!

I have to remember that I don't remember him :lol:

I think after the red card the game was a bit like our games against Fulham or Southampton. They were sitting back and we couldn't create enough. Just that when they had a counter attack, instead of Mitrovic or Adam Armstrong, it's Mo Salah and Nunez. And even Fulham and Southampton could hurt us on the counter..

Tactically Bruno has to be the sitting defensive midfielder and protect the back four. If there’s occasion that he is not there and exposed the back four then Bruno should be held responsible.

and the real question is, why is he no longer able to do it now? Or is it a matter of willingness?

13 minutes ago, Zero said:

Tactically Bruno has to be the sitting defensive midfielder and protect the back four. If there’s occasion that he is not there and exposed the back four then Bruno should be held responsible.

and the real question is, why is he no longer able to do it now? Or is it a matter of willingness?

The classic making of assumptions without knowing all of the information. 

I criticised Bruno towards the end of last season, not calling him as a player into question but questioned whether his ankle was affecting him. This season, or at least these last two games I think he’s been quality, save for that pass. He’s always tried those sorts of passes here and been close to getting into trouble in dangerous areas. He’s our most creative midfielder, he’s the best at shielding the ball. When he has his next MotM game, he’ll go on a run for a while 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I criticised Bruno towards the end of last season, not calling him as a player into question but questioned whether his ankle was affecting him. This season, or at least these last two games I think he’s been quality, save for that pass. He’s always tried those sorts of passes here and been close to getting into trouble in dangerous areas. He’s our most creative midfielder, he’s the best at shielding the ball. When he has his next MotM game, he’ll go on a run for a while 

:thup:

That's the way I see it too.

When Liverpool went down to ten, their forwards dropped deeper and began to close him down a lot quicker. It was noticeable Trippier and Burn were tucking in to give him an easier out ball.

Don’t think he’s been one of the worst today, probably above the average. However, we’re not making the best use of him, he’s too deep. He is our best passer with slide rule passes all over the place last season. He’s not getting on the ball in the right areas to affect us creatively