Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

On 24/12/2023 at 23:19, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve always been in the ‘who gives a shite who the captain is’ camp.  It’s not rugby or cricket - the captain is pretty much ceremonial in football.  They’re the ones who pick a trophy up first - so ours haven’t had much purpose in recent decades. 

We won the championship... 🤣

On 14/12/2023 at 00:02, 500bhp said:

Cant believe I'm saying this but would his £100m release clause fee be better used to buy £300m(?) of new players under FFP. He cant shoot, has no pace, cant tackle and is often found wanting in the most important games. He's a brilliant player for teams challenging 4th-7th but PIF want more than this. A midfield of Bruno, JoL and Longstaff/Miley/Tonali is too slow and cannot break up attacks. 

Ahem.....

I love his passion and commitment. But would he get into CM of a top 4 team? Too slow, cannot shoot or tackle cleanly. He was outstanding against the 10 men of Fulham but when was he MOTM against a top team, especially away from home. He's perfect for where we are now but not effective away from home, just like Gini. Keep him for the next 18 months then upgrade to a player like Vieira, Lampard, Gerrard, Rice, etc. Take the cash and strengthen the team and replace with Miley. In fact, Miley can be our Gerrard. 

26 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Ahem.....

I love his passion and commitment. But would he get into CM of a top 4 team? Too slow, cannot shoot or tackle cleanly. He was outstanding against the 10 men of Fulham but when was he MOTM against a top team, especially away from home. He's perfect for where we are now but not effective away from home, just like Gini. Keep him for the next 18 months then upgrade to a player like Vieira, Lampard, Gerrard, Rice, etc. Take the cash and strengthen the team and replace with Miley. In fact, Miley can be our Gerrard. 

:lol:

33 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Ahem.....

Why do we need to wait 18 months before deciding to buy a Viera or Gerrard?

36 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Ahem.....

Why have you quoted your last post to talk even more bollocks like you’ve been proven right? :lol: 

Miley, Bruno for the most part and Isak in patches. Were the only positives today. 

38 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Ahem.....

:lol:  If he's as shit as you say and wouldn't get into a top 4 team, who are you expecting to give us 100m for him?

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Why have you quoted your last post to talk even more bollocks like you’ve been proven right? :lol: 

Miley, Bruno for the most part and Isak in patches. Were the only positives today. 

I'm not disputing he's a very good player. But there are some on this forum who elevate him beyond how good he is. If he gets MOTM or close to this in our next three PL games I'll admit I'm wrong 😁😁

9 minutes ago, Troll said:

:lol:  If he's as shit as you say and wouldn't get into a top 4 team, who are you expecting to give us 100m for 

Cant see him making a traditional top 4 PL team; Manchester x2, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal. certainly not based on this season's performances particularly away from home as things stand. But bizarre things happen in football. Say Liverpool sell Salah to SA for £200m, or Arsenal with Rice then who knows what happens then?

I never ever said he was shit. Just not as good as some people make out. I dont follow international football but does his mate from West Ham still get a game before Bruno. He's a very important player for us and been a fabulous signing but not beyond criticism. 

He's not as good as Lee, Batty, Speed, Tiote and maybe Cabae. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not as good as Tiote or Batty? It’s been an odd day on N-O

Prime Tiote was much better than Bruno, as was Batty who was massively underrated. No fucking way would relegation threatened Luton and Forest run through the centre of our midfield with them playing. 

We will know the answer in the next 12 months or so. If Bruno moves to Barcelona or whoever and kicks on then I'm wrong. If he doesn't then....