Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

I actually thought it was disarmingly honest.  It has been a disappointing season.  Something can still be salvaged, but we’ve been poor for some time.  As Bruno said, there are reasons for it, but I can’t imagine that there’s many who if asked if they were happy with the season would say ‘yes’

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

A player of that quality wouldn’t expect CL football for 2.5 years at the earliest??

Honestly, no offence, Ian - I tolerate you much more these days, which maybe is a reflection of me, or you - but fucking hell, some of you couldn’t spell ambition.

Thanks for tolerating me :lol:

I think one season fighting relegation, one season top 10, one season Europa, one season CL is much better progress than almost any club could ever show. 

The point is that he couldn't have come in expecting instant CL every year. We still have half a championship-level squad. 

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I don't think city will suit him, he won't play every week and he needs that involvement

He'll play a lot.

They've not effectively replaced Gundogan. Rodri has played next to Stones and Kovavic in recent weeks. He's better than them both.

He would slot in perfect next to Rodri you’ve have to say. But he ain’t going anywhere guys! He just signed a new contract and loves it here. Besides nobody will pay the £85m-£100m we would want to sell him. He gives us next season and if we haven’t improved then he would look to find somewhere where trophies are more easy to come by 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

He would slot in perfect next to Rodri you’ve have to say. But he ain’t going anywhere guys! He just signed a new contract and loves it here. Besides nobody will pay the £85m-£100m we would want to sell him. He gives us next season and if we haven’t improved then he would look to find somewhere where trophies are more easy to come by 

This

8 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

City paid £100m for Grealish, £53m for Nunes, £77m for Gvardiol. We should get £100m.

From a footballing perspective, i'd like to see him at City. Just to see how he plays under Pep.

Aye, he's off. He's a top CL player. Don't think even if we finish in the EL spot would stop him from going.

He probably likes it here, but he'll challenge for titles elsewhere next season. Just hope it's not in England.

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

City paid £100m for Grealish, £53m for Nunes, £77m for Gvardiol. We should get £100m.

From a footballing perspective, i'd like to see him at City. Just to see how he plays under Pep.

From a footballing perspective I want us to keep hold and only sell if the clause is met. 

If someone meets said clause I hope it’s someone from another league, would be gutting to see him play for someone else in the PL. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

From a footballing perspective I want us to keep hold and only sell if the clause is met. 

If someone meets said clause I hope it’s someone from another league, would be gutting to see him play for someone else in the PL. 

From a NUFC fan and a PL fan - I need the City empire to crumble. But there's a part of me that would love to see Bruno with players on his level and better consistently.

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I actually thought it was disarmingly honest.  It has been a disappointing season.  Something can still be salvaged, but we’ve been poor for some time.  As Bruno said, there are reasons for it, but I can’t imagine that there’s many who if asked if they were happy with the season would say ‘yes’

Champions League football for first time in 20+years. First FA Cup QF in 20+years. Carabo QF. Still in a strong position to finish where I expected us to with a full squad never mind one decimated by injuries (6-8). 

What you unhappy about? UCL we were cheated out of qualifying for to an extent, Carabo we were a tired mistake in last minute from going to SF and likely final. FA Cup we were knocked out by the best team currently on the planet.

I’ll be a bit disappointed if we finish 10th or below but still 10 games 1/4 of season to go.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Champions League football for first time in 20+years. First FA Cup QF in 20+years. Carabo QF. Still in a strong position to finish where I expected us to with a full squad never mind one decimated by injuries (6-8). 

What you unhappy about? UCL we were cheated out of qualifying for to an extent, Carabo we were a tired mistake in last minute from going to SF and likely final. FA Cup we were knocked out by the best team currently on the planet.

I’ll be a bit disappointed if we finish 10th or below but still 10 games 1/4 of season to go.

In the same way 97/98 was disappointing and we beat Barcelona and reached an FA Cup Final.  

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

In the same way 97/98 was disappointing and we beat Barcelona and reached an FA Cup Final.  

I wasn’t disappointed with that season also. Especially after losing Shearer and Ferdinand on eve of the season starting. Thought we did well after the gut punch of losing the league also. Just like this team has had to with PSG away and Chelsea away and the away draws all round. Nothing has been kind to us this season but as EH says and I agree with him. This season will make us all the stronger going forward. 

The only disappointment I have of this season is of the fans moaning about the season.

Edited by LFEE

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

I wasn’t disappointed with that season also. Especially after losing Shearer and Ferdinand on eve of the season starting. Thought we did well after the gut punch of losing the league also. Just like this team has had to with PSG away and Chelsea away and the away draws all round. Nothing has been kind to us this season but as EH says and I agree with him. This season will make us all the stronger going forward. 

The only disappointment I have of this season is of the fans moaning about the season.

Given it was Dalglish’s only full season, and he finished second the year before, he must be in your top NUFC managers list then?  Top three / four?

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Given it was Dalglish’s only full season, and he finished second the year before, he must be in your top NUFC managers list then?  Top three / four?

With a dazzling (ahem…) 1.36 pts per game over his 56 games in charge.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

If he does go, I hope its too Barcelona or an actual historic club I can get behind.

Aren't barca fucked financially?

He's off, and I think that's a good thing for both him and us unfortunately. He wants to play in the CL and win things, that's not happening with us in the next 2-3 seasons if we have to rely on the meagre money recouped from the likes of Longstaff and Almiron to fund new signings in the FFP era. The £80-100m fee for him would open a lot of doors for us in the transfer market this summer.

And before anyone starts crying that you don't sell your best players, I'm afraid we have no choice with this one if we want to move forward in the short term.