Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It was a great season.  Remember playing Barnsley in a relegation clash in April?  Great times

Couple of headers from Shearer? god I hated that season.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I did too.  It was class apparently, though. 

Forgive me for losing my rose tinted spectacles.

a lot of our past has been horrid, with a smattering of hope now and again. Will make it all the sweeter when we finally rise to the top

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Forgive me for losing my rose tinted spectacles.

a lot of our past has been horrid, with a smattering of hope now and again. Will make it all the sweeter when we finally rise to the top

100% mate :) - most of it has.  Smattering of fun moments, the odd good side which ultimately fell at the last hurdle or so - but basically not much to write home about.  Need some trophies!

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Given it was Dalglish’s only full season, and he finished second the year before, he must be in your top NUFC managers list then?  Top three / four?

Top 5 id say… 6th at worst. Wasn’t given enough time and took over when club was skint and power struggle post KK.

1. KK 

2. EH close second and can see him surpassing KK.

3. BR

4. Rafa

5.CH/KD

6. KD/CH

11 hours ago, Beth said:

He's off, and I think that's a good thing for both him and us unfortunately. He wants to play in the CL and win things, that's not happening with us in the next 2-3 seasons if we have to rely on the meagre money recouped from the likes of Longstaff and Almiron to fund new signings in the FFP era. The £80-100m fee for him would open a lot of doors for us in the transfer market this summer.

And before anyone starts crying that you don't sell your best players, I'm afraid we have no choice with this one if we want to move forward in the short term.

We will be a worse side without him. You simply aren't getting a midfielder of that quality in the market right now, with FFP strings loosened or not. And midfield is already the weakest part of the pitch for us. 

Makes more sense to sell literally anyone else. 

Agree. Even if we got a midfielder that eventually becomes as good as Bruno or better, Bruno has come in and been top quality from word go, and we can’t afford to take steps back by losing him. 

Bit different if probably 1-2 more seasons down the project line. Hopefully we make the full use out of him in those seasons to progress before we do eventually sell.  

I think there's a lot of worrying going on for no reason here tbh, he came in when were was looking like relegation fodder, we've progressed massively since, he and his family love the club/city. It's been a disappointing and underwhelming season in the main, but I can't see anything that would make him push for a move. If he leaves, we've received an ridiculous offer that makes the club accept because they believe it'll help us develop better going forward (which I alsodont see happening, because i dont think anyone has that type of money atm) 

He loves it here, and clearly knows what a shit hand we've been dealt this season. Personally think he gives us another season, then if we're still out of Europe or looking well off challenging for top 4-5, he leaves for the sake of his career, which is fair enough. 

15 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Bruno would play every week for City.

Wouldn't be so sure about that, he's obviously not taking Rodri's place, and he can't do the role Stones plays either, Silva is levels above him in my opinion as well, so not sure how that would fit for Bruno to play every week? 

5 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

We will be a worse side without him. You simply aren't getting a midfielder of that quality in the market right now, with FFP strings loosened or not. And midfield is already the weakest part of the pitch for us. 

Makes more sense to sell literally anyone else. 

Strikers are just so rare though these days that I think Isak has to be the most irreplaceable player we have, Bruno would be very tough to replace, Isak I think is literally impossible, there's nobody even close to his level that would consider signing for us, too few top class Strikers and too many teams looking for one. Bruno's likely our most important player, but not most irreplaceable for me. 

Completely agree that he’ll definitely commit a yellow card foul, probably multiple times, just depends whether the ref gives it, given it’s a friendly 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Completely agree that he’ll definitely commit a yellow card foul, probably multiple times, just depends whether the ref gives it, given it’s a friendly 

It's enough for me to lump £10 at 5s anyway. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

As long as its not on Gordon!

Flawless performance for the parts of the match I saw. Got the better of Gordon in every situation where both of them were involved too, which I'm sure he'll bring up when they return to training, but being super humble and jolly about it. :lol: