Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

This one is all on Bruno. If he wants to go, he will go for 100m next month. He'd go with my best wishes. If he doesn't want to go, that's fantastic, and he won't be going. I think the club has drawn a line under the interest by saying essentially - "Put up or shut up". Clubs have a month to make the move. If they don't, that's that. To me, it's an ideal way to handle a situation like this. 

32 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Onana > Pope

Dalot < Trippier

Maguire > Botman

Varane < Schar

Shaw > Burn

Mainoo > Longstaff

Bruno > Joelinton 

Casemiro < Bruno

Rashford < Gordon

Garnacho > Barnes

Hojlund < Isak

pretty even imo

Pope is better than Onana, Botman is better than Maguire. You've been a bit selective with how you've matched up players in midfield. The combined midfield would be Bruno, Bruno & Tonali or Joelinton. Not sure about Barnes v Garnacho.

7 minutes ago, Memphis said:

This one is all on Bruno. If he wants to go, he will go for 100m next month. He'd go with my best wishes. If he doesn't want to go, that's fantastic, and he won't be going. I think the club has drawn a line under the interest by saying essentially - "Put up or shut up". Clubs have a month to make the move. If they don't, that's that. To me, it's an ideal way to handle a situation like this. 

Well summed up. :thup:

32 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Onana is NOT better than Pope.

I duno think Onana’s been under the radar very good since his errors

Edited by tgarve

14 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Pope is better than Onana, Botman is better than Maguire. You've been a bit selective with how you've matched up players in midfield. The combined midfield would be Bruno, Bruno & Tonali or Joelinton. Not sure about Barnes v Garnacho.

Aye tbh all if buts and maybes not absolutes 

20 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Aye exactly 

Does the deadline coincide with this seasons ffp deadline also? 

Only thing is what stops someone offering 100m after the end of June? 

Just now, Troll said:

We can say no.

Do you reckon we would ? 

Surely the peak we could get for him would be 100 or maybe at absolute max 120

Just think that the speculation still won’t stop

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

It does. Again, none of this is an accident. This was clever from Ashworth or whoever put it in there. It's designed to smoke out any potential clubs who want to buy Bruno early in the summer while also ensuring all the proceeds go towards this season's FFP calculations, allowing us the most possible flexibility in restructuring the squad. It works well for everyone imo.

Obviously someone could try to buy him after the deadline but at that point there is no incentive for us to sell or for them to buy at an inflated price. 

52 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I’m probably in the minority that thinks Maguire’s massively underrated

He has been good this season, I don't think many will deny that. In previous seasons, however. He's been bad. Not necessarily horrible, but pretty bad, atleast in their system.

3 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Aye exactly 

Only thing is what stops someone offering 100m after the end of June? 

Yeah the end of June is the PSR deadline, so if he goes it'll benefit us massively, if he's not gone beyond that point, he/clubs beholden to whatever we demand.

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

It does. Again, none of this is an accident. This was clever from Ashworth or whoever put it in there. It's designed to smoke out any potential clubs who want to buy Bruno early in the summer while also ensuring all the proceeds go towards this season's FFP calculations, allowing us the most possible flexibility in restructuring the squad. It works well for everyone imo.

Obviously someone could try to buy him after the deadline but at that point there is no incentive for us to sell or for them to buy at an inflated price. 

Does this means Ashworth is good? 

I thought we are supposed to think he’s terrible? 

Man United do have a far better squad than us to be fair ,we have a load of championship standard players still starting for us as times . The fact we are only 3 points behind them despite having an unprecedented injury crisis this season shows how much of a better manager we have than they do.

Bruno won't be going to Man United either way .  Only PSG or Man City can really afford him and he's wasting the rest of his career going to the French league so it depends if he wants the big payday, if Pep wants him then he will be off .

Edited by Geogaddi

6 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I don't want to give people anxiety here, but didn't Liverpool try to buy Caicedo for over £100m last summer, and then go for a much cheaper Endo instead? Did they spend much after that? Also, clubs can still sell players at the beginning of the window to free up funds? And also, there is an amortization system, so how much does it really affect this years books? Don't know that much about it.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I don't want to give people anxiety here, but didn't Liverpool try to buy Caicedo for over £100m last summer, and then go for a much cheaper Endo instead? Did they spend much after that? Also, clubs can still sell players at the beginning of the window to free up funds? And also, there is an amortization system, so how much does it really affect this years books? Don't know that much about it.

Yeh but that was in August.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

True, but them selling relies on a club having the financial clout being able to buy - I see something similar to January, unless there's 3rd party intervention (Saudi clubs possibly) The cartel 6 clubs (possibly excluding man city) will struggle to offload players before the FFP/PSR deadline to "smaller" clubs as they will be restricted in their spending until july 1st.   

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh but that was in August.

Hmm sorry, not following. What does that mean?

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, tgarve said:

I have a feeling he will go to man united 

He's being looked at by Arsenal, Man City, PSG and Real.

I think he'd burst out laughing at the idea of Man United.

I think Man City is where he ends up if he stays in the league, particularly because it seems Paqueta is headed there too.

Otherwise, I hope he leaves the league. Real don't seem 100% convinced by Tchouameni and so could see him at Real.