Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'd expect us to get at least another full season out of him but it's a reminder that we can't stand still if we want to retain his elite level of talent. 

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah, this is what I think we need to progress or he'll be rightly off to a top CL club.

There's no progress that can be made that quick. It's a credit to how great he's been so quickly.

Having read the article they are fully aware of all the ridiculous stats he's been achieving.

In my opinion he's pretty much gone ... they will likely have to pay a record breaking fee to get him though, and they'll likely be able to justify it to themselves due to his age.

Been a terribly short, but very sweet ride if they can manage this by the time the window closes. Really ironic that the catalyst will end up being Man United. Just unbelievable.

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol::lol:

it's like people are gasping for a reason to be depressed.

:lol: Aye. I think people are still struggling with smiling and talking Newcastle at the moment. Might take time with a fair few after the last 15 years.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There's no progress that can be made that quick. It's a credit to how great he's been so quickly.

Having read the article they are fully aware of all the ridiculous stats he's been achieving.

In my opinion he's pretty much gone ... they will likely have to pay a record breaking fee to get him though, and they'll likely be able to justify it to themselves due to his age.

Been a terribly short, but very sweet ride if they can manage this by the time the window closes. Really ironic that the catalyst will end up being Man United. Just unbelievable.

He's not going anywhere this summer mate.  

It'll be frustrating but we'll probably have to take it next summer. Top 6 is there this season for anyone that has a really good season, but with our lack of attacking signings it will likely be beyond us. Even if we finished top 6 it would be difficult to resist top clubs coming in for players, but outside of it it becomes impossible.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

He's not going anywhere this summer mate.  

It might be too late in the window, sure. But crazier things have happened.

News broke of Real Madrid having an eye on him already from around April. All just depends on how much money they have to throw around.

Coutinho cost Barca 120 million Euros from Liverpool plus 40 million Euros in add-ons. If they start talking that kind of money ...

The lad is ridiculously talented, top clubs would be mad not to be keeping an eye on him.

Real Madrid are probably only a handful of clubs that can afford him. Given Casemiro, Modric and Kroos aren't getting any younger, a link was inevitable.

The lad will make it to the top of the game eventually, whether it's with us or otherwise. He took a massive gamble on us, 19th in the table and relegation looking a real possibility. That was only six months ago, so I don't think he'll be in a rush to leave. It all depends for how long our progress is able to match his ambition.

Edited by The Prophet

Guest HTT II

He’s not going this season, but we will struggle to keep a hold of him if he continues to perform the way he has since he signed. Hopefully he’ll have a shit season so no-one will want him!

I mean, I think we will have to get used to losing players that way to get to where we want to be. Surely the plan is to buy and then sell at the right time and use that as a way of building the club. If a club came in with silly money sure we would move him on, it’s just about timing.

Tbf I imagine Real Madrid is probably the pinnacle for any player like him/any player at all. We could win the league this season and he could still be lured if such genuine interest emerged. It's a sign of how much things have improved at this club that such a link even exists. 

I'd be absolutely mortified if he ended up somewhere like ManU or Chelsea, mind.

Just now, The Prophet said:

The lad is ridiculously talented, top clubs would be mad not to be keeping an eye on him.

Real Madrid are probably only a handful of clubs that can afford him. Given Casemiro, Modric and Kroos aren't getting any younger, a link was inevitable.

The lad will make it to the top of the game eventually, whether it's with us or otherwise. He took a massive gamble on us, 19th in the table and relegation looking a real possibility. That was only six months ago, so I don't think he'll be in a rush to leave. It all depends how for how long our progress is able to match his ambition.

Exactly, precisely all of that. 

I also agree he will not be causing a fuss to leave, but I do think Real Madrid could possibly offer crazy money, and if so I don't think we'd necessarily fight to hold him back, as they will be offering him a top salary too.

Madrid are transitioning their midfield like you said. They've got fresh athletic legs in there in Camavinga and Tchouameni, and so they're likely looking for a new young orchestrator alongside them, which is where Bruno would come in.

Might be a bit too late for this summer now, but who knows man. Not to mention another year with us only adds another what ... 50 million to 80 million to his price?

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

Is Howe doing the media rounds today or tomorrow? Worrying if he doesn't come out and dismiss this.

He would only comment on it if asked directly, and so far no actual journalist are picking it up. There won't be much about him this window. Next Summer will be a whole other story...

3 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

In todays episode of "what can newcastle fans worry about today"

BRUNO COULD LEAVE 

?

For me It's not a worry. I'm just saying what I think the situation is.

He's come in and absolutely knocked it out of the park with us and far surpassed any kind of progress we could likely make in the short term.

And so unfortunately the likes of Real Madrid are now at our doorstep. Just one of those things. Yes, it's a shame, but it's still a huge win for the scouts because they absolutely got it right, and they'll just have to go again, but with a lot more money to play with.