Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Was Tonali, Joelinton, Longstaff any better  ?

Nope.

Man City are at home,they're the best in the world and have been coached that way by the same manager for seven years, I'd be surprised if they lose once at home this season. The way City play affects how teams perform when they play them, this includes individual performance ie: Bruno or whoever, you just can't get your rhythm versus sides like this.

Heightened expectations among our impatient fans is something they need to deal with.

I've already said to my other half and friends etc, if Eddie struggles with the challenges this season brings with all the extra games, the same types who have these over expectations will start to convince others he's not good enough, probably saying, we need to look for a manager who knows the champions league bla bla.

I've supported this club for long enough now to know this is worth waiting for, we need to cherish the moment and not worry about anything, it's going to take time, but it's going to be brilliant. This season is really a look into the future, because we are 2 or 3 years ahead of schedule. 

21 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Foden was absolutely superb last night. He's a better player than Bruno tbf and there'll be many more central midfielders this season who will come up well short against him so it's certainly no disgrace to be coming off 2nd best.

We are still a fair way behind Man City but I'm confident that slowly but surely we will catch up.

It wasn't just Bruno who struggled to impose himself, Tonali, who was superb last week, and Joelinton were the same. Kovacic and Rodri dominated along with Foden, but I think that's not only because they are class players, but Pep's coaching which has been drilled into his squad for many seasons now. They are one of the few teams who can pass their way around our press, and considering how much they've spent on their personnel down the last few years, there's no shame in it.

Still showed for the ball always and happy to receive it. Stronger game for him than Villa was. The missed shot was simple symptom of what alot of our players did on the night, snatched at it because he was rushing, scared to lose possession or waste a chance of a shot at goal against a formidable opponent.

Bruno whilst he has had a few ofcourse, isn't a player for individual moments to turn a game generally. 

He is there to control a game. Control our tempo, keep possession etc. 

When we had our brief spells in the game in the 1st half and 2nd, he was at the heart of it, keeping the ball moving and looking for angles. 

He's not gonna go on fast powerful driving runs or hit many long range thunderbastards. He needs willing runners and people to play combinations with. 

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

It wasn't just Bruno who struggled to impose himself, Tonali, who was superb last week, and Joelinton were the same. Kovacic and Rodri dominated along with Foden, but I think that's not only because they are class players, but Pep's coaching which has been drilled into his squad for many seasons now. They are one of the few teams who can pass their way around our press, and considering how much they've spent on their personnel down the last few years, there's no shame in it.

None at all. Our midfield won't come up against another rmidfield as good as that (ability or tactically wise) all season. No shame coming 2nd best to that.

58 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

None at all. Our midfield won't come up against another rmidfield as good as that (ability or tactically wise) all season. No shame coming 2nd best to that.

Not to mention players who support their midfield like the full backs who are also the best of the best which adds to their dominance. They buy at the top of the market, we are shopping from a lower tier which means youngsters who will take a year or two to mature.

Even so, you could see Howe was still disappointed we couldn't get at them more, will be interesting to see how we do against them at our place. Eddie doesn't accept being second best even if it's excusable.

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

It's okay, if Joelinton has another stinker in the next game then he will be the new target.

True. There can be only one. It's either a naff Highlander or Sith Lord attempt from some of our support.

I'm outraged by the outrage.

He's an incredible player. Its the best team we've ever had. We just lost 1-0 to the best side in the world. 

I guess its a privilege to have such tiny problems. I have no doubt he will be back to his best in the next few matches. 

Never been a better time in recent history to be a NUFC supporter. Enjoy it. 

14 hours ago, TRon said:

They buy at the top of the market, we are shopping from a lower tier which means youngsters who will take a year or two to mature.

Not entirely correct. Man City tend to buy quite a lot of young 20-21 year olds. They are buying players a tier over us in term of quality though.

18 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting snippetS from Edit Kev's article:

Screenshot_20230821-160452-367.png

Screenshot_20230821-160519-064.png

Agree a lot with this.

Most probably our expectations have now ratcheted up a couple of levels hence the rumblings about his "dip" in form.