Dan Burn

Rich

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

We will not make Champions league anyway
I would guess Burn takes Dummett's place as a last chance sub, Dummett and Lascelles are off.

This season we won’t no. Next season I believe it will be the goal however. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This season we won’t no. Next season I believe it will be the goal however. 

I am not so sure about it. 

We will be challenging for places 4-6 for sure, but again, there are 6 teams that have hugely more money to spend and have already bigger and better squads.

One CL season does not mean we are there every year, people have to be realistic with their expectations. Villa will come down next season etc.

13 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I am not so sure about it. 

We will be challenging for places 4-6 for sure, but again, there are 6 teams that have hugely more money to spend and have already bigger and better squads.

One CL season does not mean we are there every year, people have to be realistic with their expectations. Villa will come down next season etc.

We will be hear 3/4 of the so called 5 year plan. That plan is to challenge for titles and trophies. The owners may close an eye on one bad season but if we were dragging a long at 7th this time next year I’m pretty sure changed would be made. 

and this is on the proviso the gaffa can get through this season. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We will be hear 3/4 of the so called 5 year plan. That plan is to challenge for titles and trophies. The owners may close an eye on one bad season but if we were dragging a long at 7th this time next year I’m pretty sure changed would be made. 

and this is on the proviso the gaffa can get through this season. 

Naah, you have to be realistic mate. If our revenue is same as wage bill of the biggest teams, we are not challenging a thing. We were close to winning a cup already. 

Saudis are building a team and the academy totally from the scrap.  Abu Dhabi bought City 2008 and they won first title in 2012 when they could spend all the money they wanted. It will take double that for us.

Just now, KingArthur said:

Naah, you have to be realistic mate. If our revenue is same as wage bill of the biggest teams, we are not challenging a thing. We were close to winning a cup already. 

Saudis are building a team and the academy totally from the scrap.  Abu Dhabi bought City 2008 and they won first title in 2012 when they could spend all the money they wanted. It will take double that for us.

Our revenue is increasing, our ambition remains the same. I’m not even talking about city or what they did as it isn’t relevant. (I’m not even sure how long it took them to win a league after the takeover?). The point is the plan the owners have laid out is challenging (not winning) titles in 5 years. If we are competing to conference league come this time next season I’m sure alarm bells will be ringing as it means we are behind. 

He’s decided to tuck in and mark our own Centre Backs whilst leaving his man wide open too often now. Positionally, he’s all over the shop and needs dropped, the benefit of extra height he provides is negated by the liability he’s become during open play.

Edited by Whitley mag

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Our revenue is increasing, our ambition remains the same. I’m not even talking about city or what they did as it isn’t relevant. (I’m not even sure how long it took them to win a league after the takeover?). The point is the plan the owners have laid out is challenging (not winning) titles in 5 years. If we are competing to conference league come this time next season I’m sure alarm bells will be ringing as it means we are behind. 

It took 4 years like I said. 

If the owners want us to challenge sooner, then they would have need to spend money a lot more. Which they cannot, because FFP. 

At the the end of 2020s, we will be constantly top4.

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Burn stays, I think Lascelles has to be let go as well. Need to start getting ruthless I think. Burn 4th choice CB, 3rd choice LB pretty much replacing Dummett's role.

I'd rather keep Lascelles tbh.

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Thing with Man City was that they essentially had a blank cheque - we don’t and have to comply with FFP

Just now, Mikky said:

Thing with Man City was that they essentially had a blank cheque - we don’t and have to comply with FFP

Without a doubt, but we are just repeating the owners ambition here. Also I’m referring to competing for CL spots. not winning the league or CL at this juncture. 

11 hours ago, TBG said:

IMG-20240101-221047-338.jpg

A fully fit Dan Burn has the pace to get back and make those two fouls and as a result I don't have a personal grudge for the rest of our lives.

Other than Dan Burn, who do I complain to over this. 

Woke up fuming. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Burn's the one just given the new deal though so he'll be here. 

I suppose we can add him to the Ritchie/Dummett rah rah team then.

• 2 weeks later...

he seems to be spending alot of time coming inside and leaving the left wing unoccupied, I know he is a CB by trade but dont remember him doing this last season where is the drifting coming from? caliber of opposition? instruction? He also has come back slower than before the injury another great leader around the dressing room but shouldnt be displacing many in the starting line up if any at all once everyone is fit.

On 02/01/2024 at 06:36, r0cafella said:

Depends on what you mean by challenging for Conference places. If we are 10th looking for a run at the end of next season yes. But if we are in touching distance of top four most of the season and drop back into 6/7th, then I’d argue we are par for being 3 full seasons into a project. I think people need to temper expectations, I mean did yesterday not serve as a massive illustration of how far behind City we actually are as a club? It will take time to cement our position and there will be further bumps in the road. Especially given the deliberate road blocks ffp/fmv will cause us at times.

On 02/01/2024 at 09:41, Optimistic Nut said:

Burn's the one just given the new deal though so he'll be here. 

Not necessarily, that may be due to the fact we feel we can still get a fee for him. This isn’t Ashley’s Newcastle anymore. We will be renewing contracts to protect the club now, rather than because we can’t be arsed to sign new players.

i also wouldn’t be surprised if Burn is actually an a relative pittance given the coming home emotional pull.

• 2 weeks later...