Dan Burn

Rich

Underated signing at the time but he's been nothing short of class is most games he's played for us, decent with the ball as well and so consistent.

It's good we have 3 centre backs that are decent on the ball and show a bit of composure.

16 hours ago, Conjo said:

Another great game. Think he benefitted today from playing against Bernardo Silva who isn't very fast or good at dribbling past players.

Which Bernardo Silva have you been watching? He’s got brilliant low centre of gravity and twists and turns players with the ball on a string are his hallmark. Possibly the worst opponent for someone so tall 🙂

37 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm not sure but I think he played a vital role in Trippier's goal. I suspect it might have been his movement that convinced the keeper to lean that way just enough that he couldn't reach Trippier's shot.

Would've helped but I doubt it gets saved regardless.  Perfect trajectory.

It's based off watching him since January. He brings great calmness and leadership to the back line, he's a solid defender too, but does switch off. Everton away, Chelsea away, yesterday and a couple of other times where he was fortunate not to be punished. His concentration means that he's liable to give up a chance, hence the Bramble comparison.

Just now, LFEE said:

Which Bernardo Silva have you been watching? He’s got brilliant low centre of gravity and twists and turns players with the ball on a string are his hallmark. Possibly the worst opponent for someone so tall 🙂

Just a footballer who's really good at everything. He's outstanding.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's based off watching him since January. He brings great calmness and leadership to the back line, he's a solid defender too, but does switch off. Everton away, Chelsea away, yesterday and a couple of other times where he was fortunate not to be punished. His concentration means that he's liable to give up a chance, hence the Bramble comparison.

Every defender makes mistakes mate. It’s not frequent and some of these so called mistakes were goals from world class passing. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Bramble was having them every 15mins. His playing history has massively been rewritten by some on here. He was always an accident waiting to happen and only had a handful of good games.

Oh aye, Bramble was far more frequent. I was just saying the way he switches off and allows forwards to drift in behind him give me flashbacks.

As I say, I like Burn and he's brought a lot to the back line, but his concentration isn't the greatest.

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Every defender makes mistakes mate. It’s not frequent and some of these so called mistakes were goals from world class passing. 

I just don't get it. He does a million good things compared to the odd mistake he makes. Guy has been tremendous.

I don't know where we're supposed to find this defender that never makes mistakes. Schar has made mistakes, even Botman had some tough moments yesterday ... really don't understand the issue with the guy.

I think it's harsh to call them even mistakes. Chelsea goal was world class movement, pass and first touch, not every goal can be stopped. Even the over aggressiveness on the Everton goal is understandable, they had a man sent off and clock was ticking so Burn wanted to intercept it right away. Just simply disrespecting to mention Burn and Bramble in a same sentence, the guy has been rock solid and has saved us this season with his inexplicable versatility to play LB too.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

I think it's harsh to call them even mistakes. Chelsea goal was world class movement, pass and first touch, not every goal can be stopped. Even the over aggressiveness on the Everton goal is understandable, they had a man sent off and clock was ticking so Burn wanted to intercept it right away. Just simply disrespecting to mention Burn and Bramble in a same sentence, the guy has been rock solid and has saved us this season with his inexplicable versatility to play LB too.

100% this. Schar makes just as much if not more mistakes than Burn. 

Thought he was excellent yesterday and it was really welcome to have half decent cover for Targett. I didn't especially notice too many problems with him, and that's against one of the best teams on the planet.

Will definitely be a decent squad player well beyond the emergency second half of last season where we mainly needed him to keep us up. He already is, in fact.

Bramble (or S Taylor) are a bit more comparable to Lascelles imo, where you're just waiting for a goof or moment of madness. Might be a bit unfair on Lascelles there.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

I agree completely.

Not every defender plays the same style. Burn is a very aggressive stopper.

The odd occasion an opponent gets the better of him in those situations it gets pointed out as a mistake, but he stops a ton of attacks and with that same approach.

Titus Bramble was a complete and utter liability. It was actually farcical. Literally had to hold your breath every time the ball came near him. There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

40 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He has excellent movement, and is really good at creating space to pass the ball in tight spaces, but you very rarely see him dribble past a player since he is fairly slow.

3 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

100% this. Schar makes just as much if not more mistakes than Burn. 

He doesn't, like. But the key difference is probably that Burn's mistakes seem to be more severe i.e. directly responsible for goals conceded, probably because they seem to be the result of a complete lapse in concentration.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Chelsea he switched off defensively, but I think Everton was more a case of switching on offensively. He saw an opportunity [sucked in maybe] to break the attack down and counter. Don't think he does that if we're 1-0 up.

Guest HTT II

Two games at LB/LWB and he’s been fine, not perfect, but then who is!

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, Barnes23 said:

He doesn't, like. But the key difference is probably that Burn's mistakes seem to be more severe i.e. directly responsible for goals conceded, probably because they seem to be the result of a complete lapse in concentration.

Strongly disagree but there's no point arguing the toss. Schar made several big mistakes last year. 

3 hours ago, Pata said:

It’s like a striker scoring  4 goals from 5 chances and saying he misses the odd chance though.Ffs !!!! Let’s get Lascelles back in the team. BDB is as crisp a passer as we have.

3 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

It’s like a striker scoring  4 goals from 5 chances and saying he misses the odd chance though.Ffs !!!! Let’s get Lascelles back in the team. BDB is as crisp a passer as we have.

Lush straw man.