Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Rodrygo is good at absolutely everything you want from a footballer. He's just not excellent at anything. I do think he's a more consistent player than Vini and I do wonder how he would do with a run on the left wing which is his preferred position. There's a reason as to why Klopp was rumoured to be interested in buying him a few months back, now they ended up with Diaz who is a better player at the moment. 

That's not true though is it.

When he's attacking his fullback I have zero confidence he'll beat him. His quality of crossing is often poor.

In recent weeks/months it's starting to all come together. In the box he's looking v. decisive. Quick shifts and incisive finishes or moments.

He's much further behind in his development than Vini although they're the same age. Vini's a star player with 30+ goal contributions this season. At his best, he's proven to be unstoppable. Vini's output this season proves he's the more consistent player at this point. Even with his doubters, Vini has always been ahead of Rodrygo in the pecking order. Rodrygo's behind Asensio in that starting line-up.

Next season is interesting. Vini's become a star player and Benzema has had his best season yet but Mbappe is a game changer. I assume they go Mpabbe-Benz-Vini. Rotate a bit more. But Rodrygo needs to be above Asensio and get a lot more game time. I can see them taking a £10-20m loan for Rodrygo actually - pay Mbappe's wages for a season!

Edited by The College Dropout

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Even in ET they looked completely beaten. This is one of the best sides in world football. 

One of the really remarkable things Klopp has done considering the relative resources is build so much depth into Liverpool. You don't have to take that many players out of the City team before they start to look really disjointed. Liverpool have almost an entire team in reserve and when he makes changes you hardly notice the difference. 

Just now, Wullie said:

One of the really remarkable things Klopp has done is build so much depth into Liverpool. You don't have to take that many players out of the City team before they start to look really disjointed. Liverpool have almost an entire team in reserve and when he makes changes you hardly notice the difference. 

Liverpool have added good depth in defence and have avoided key injuries. Konate has reduced Matip's workload. But Robertson, VVD & TAA have barely missed 6 games in total between them. 

City are genuinely light at fullback which doesn't help.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That's not true though is it.

When he's attacking his fullback I have zero confidence he'll beat him. His quality of crossing is often poor.

In recent weeks/months it's starting to all come together. In the box he's looking v. decisive. Quick shifts and incisive finishes or moments.

He's much further behind in his development than Vini although they're the same age. Vini's a star player with 30+ goal contributions this season. At his best, he's proven to be unstoppable. Vini's output this season proves he's the more consistent player at this point. Even with his doubters, Vini has always been ahead of Rodrygo in the pecking order. Rodrygo's behind Asensio in that starting line-up.

Next season is interesting. Vini's become a star player and Benzema has had his best season yet but Mbappe is a game changer. I assume they go Mpabbe-Benz-Vini. Rotate a bit more. But Rodrygo needs to be above Asensio and get a lot more game time. I can see them taking a £10-20m loan for Rodrygo actually - pay Mbappe's wages for a season!

I agree with what you are saying, but Rodrygo always looks more dangerous when on the left, hence why he has been quite successful in the CL when he actually gets to play there. If you look at Vini he has 18 goals and 19 assists, Rodrygo has 8 goals and 9 assists but Vini has played twice the amount of minutes and only in his preferred position. So there is an argument to be had and it's not as black and white as you're making it look. 

Either way, I'm happy Ancelotti has put that much faith into both as both are starting to develop nicely. Although, obviously, if Mbappé signs for Real it might hinder both development. 

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Ah not sure about a semi, I think he did it in a league game. Ronaldo is on record saying Benzema made him an even greater player and that he sacrificed scoring more goals to set him up.

Sure he did the same with kaka n Ramos and Bruno the other week

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A bit weird to say, and I apologise for feeling this way, but would quite like West Ham to win tonight

Me too.

Something likeable about Moyes' West Ham. Probably because the mackems let their only decent manager go. :lol:

Nowt against West Ham, but I wouldn't want another team outside of the obvious few to get Champions League football whilst we're potentially closing the gap on those type of teams in terms of status and league finishes, so I'd rather they went out. We could also be going for similar type of players in the Summer, and if they can offer London and CL football then it would be a no brainer at this stage.

I'd like to see a Rangers vs Frankfurt final, but suspect it will be the opposite (despite W Ham trailing).

Yeah, it's grim. I've opted for the playoff match, but I could easily watch any one of four. It's a shame that neither the Frankfurt nor the Roma match were at 6pm, which they often are when German or Italian teams are at home in Europe.

I want Rangers to get knocked out because the worst football fan I know is a Rangers fan, he's a massive bellend when it comes to football, he has an irrational hatred for Newcastle so logically I no longer stand them and need them to get knocked out 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Who do we want as a potential opponent for the Mackems in the shitoffs?

I think MK Dons would be the harder final for them because they are the better side. Wycombe could perhaps shithouse their way through Wembley, but odds wise, Sunderland would be shorter if they were to play Wycombe than they would vs MK.