Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Competition for him is going to be fierce in the summer now. May even give Arsenal second thoughts about keeping him.

They'll keep him now. Fair play ro the lad he's proven his worth. Everything you want in s striker.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Daka has scored about 6 goals in the league this season, hardly set the world alight. He was anonymous against us

What’s your point? That’s probably because of the lack of run of games he’s had. Shock horror in his 2nd start in 17 games he wasn’t prime Messi.

Wasn’t that anonymous against us in the away game, with a goal and assist.

His tally isn’t bad considering how in and out of the team he’s been. 5 in 6 in the Europa League.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

What’s your point? That’s probably because of the lack of run of games he’s had.

Wasn’t that anonymous against us in the away game, with a goal and assist.

His tally isn’t bad considering how in and out of the team he’s been. 5 in 6 in the Europa League.

Today was his first league goal since January. I'm guessing you haven;t watched Leicester much if he seems to score everytime you watch him

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why shouldn’t they? 4th spot is (and has been) wide open for years.

Again, your post as condescending to Leicester as people used to be with us with Pardew, Bruce etc.

Not condescending at all 5th would be brilliant for us at the minute too, that's just how things are with the size of the top 6 clubs over the past few years.

Still not convinced on Nketiah.

He looks like an average PL striker playing with a few good attacking players. 3 of the goals I've seen him score this season have been from absolute howlers... or against Sunderland, which doesn't count.

Not a huge fan of telling fans of clubs that x is good when they all think that x is shit and they watch their club far more than any of us tbh. Same with Everton and Benitez. 

Even still, Leicester fans I know down here are giving him next season before turning or not.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Crap like that :lol: The Pardew 5th season was a complete outlier in his career. Rodgers has had one poor season for the first time in ages and they still got to the semis of a European competition (albeit not a high tier one)

Rodgers career beyond Celtic (one of the easiest jobs in world football) has been the master of being a bridesmaid. 

Why are you so more informed than Leicester fans, from what I’ve seen? 

Not sure how it’s so different, just at a different level. He’s won one FA Cup with them and fucked up top four twice in two seasons, they’ve regressed year on year with him.

Trying to claim the Conference League as a pro is laughable. It’s barely the Intertoto Cup. They fucked up the Europa, again, under him.

14 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Pardew got us 5th once. Mad that people forget how annoyed we got when people sprouted crap like that to us when we were understandably annoyed at the performances.

Rodgers has failed to get them CL Football twice in two seasons after they collapsed spectacularly from January onward. 

This season they’ve been crap and have been getting worse and worse. The FA Cup win masking a lot of failings.

Should they just keep him on and carry on deteriorating? It’s not like he hasn’t had time, or money.

They got to a European semi final and only just narrowly lost to Roma as well to be fair. 

Think it's harsh to use not getting Champions League football against him. Moyes has done a good job at West Ham despite them dropping well out of the champions League spots at the end of this season. 

It's going to be tough for teams like Leicester to compete in both Europe and the league with a squad that lacks a bit depth and will constantly sell their best players. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Not a huge fan of telling fans of clubs that x is good when they all think that x is shit and they watch their club far more than any of us tbh. Same with Everton and Benitez. 

Even still, Leicester fans I know down here are giving him next season before turning or not.

He won the FA Cup and got them 5th man howay I'm not saying that makes him above criticism but an off season and opportunity to put things right should be more than fair.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Rodgers career beyond Celtic (one of the easiest jobs in world football) has been the master of being a bridesmaid. 

Why are you so more informed than Leicester fans, from what I’ve seen? 

Not sure how it’s so different, just at a different level. He’s won one FA Cup with them and fucked up top four twice in two seasons, they’ve regressed year on year with him.

Trying to claim the Conference League as a pro is laughable. It’s barely the Intertoto Cup. They fucked up the Europa, again, under him.

Regressed year on year?

His first full season with Leicester they finished 5th with 62 points. His second full season he finished 5th with 66 points and won the Fa Cup for the first time in Leicester's hsitory. How on earth is that regressing year on year :lol:

4 minutes ago, STM said:

He looks like an average PL striker playing with a few good attacking players. 3 of the goals I've seen him score this season have been from absolute howlers... or against Sunderland, which doesn't count.

He hunts goals like only a true striker would. That's what I like about him.

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

They got to a European semi final and only just narrowly lost to Roma as well to be fair. 

Think it's harsh to use not getting Champions League football against him. Moyes has done a good job at West Ham despite them dropping well out of the champions League spots at the end of this season. 

It's going to be tough for teams like Leicester to compete in both Europe and the league with a squad that lacks a bit depth and will constantly sell their best players. 

If that’s the case, we should celebrate being European Champions with our Intertoto success.

That competition is not worthy of praise for a Leicester manager, especially when they had to fail in a very straightforward Europa League group to qualify for it.

Also think with how far ahead they were with the CL qualification, it can’t be seen as anything other than a failure. They might not have expected 4th when the seasons started, but those collapses were appalling.

Just now, STM said:

Think he's one of the best forwards in the league when it comes to pressing, and it paid off for him today. I'm giving him full credit for that goal.

I really like his pace, the runs he makes off the ball, his direct running with the ball and he has improved massively at dropping off and linking play as I think he has gotten a stronger the last year or so as he has matured a bit more physically.

In the England youth teams he was known for his lethal finishing, and so I think once he gets the kind of consistent playing time and the confidence that comes from that, the finishing will still be there.

Could see him developing into a Jermaine Defoe type striker.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

If that’s the case, we should celebrate being European Champions with our Intertoto success.

That competition is not worthy of praise for a Leicester manager, especially when they had to fail in a very straightforward Europa League group to qualify for it.

Also think with how far ahead they were with the CL qualification, it can’t be seen as anything other than a failure. They might not have expected 4th when the seasons started, but those collapses were appalling.

Think your playing down how massive winning the FA Cup is imagine Howe winning for FA Cup for us man.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Regressed year on year?

His first full season with Leicester they finished 5th with 62 points. His second full season he finished 5th with 66 points and won the Fa Cup for the first time in Leicester's hsitory. How on earth is that regressing year on year :lol:

Went from “very close” to CL qualification, to “close” to nowhere near and out of Europe entirely.

That’s regressing. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Think your playing down how massive winning the FA Cup is imagine Howe winning for FA Cup for us man.

I’ve said multiple times that’s a great achievement - but it is largely masking all of his other failings though.

I do think there's some truth that Rodgers is a manager that starts well but begins to lose grip of things as time goes on. Although that's arguably true of all managers.

He's clearly done a good job at Leicester considering though and probably deserves the benefit of the doubt for one more season.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Went from “very close” to CL qualification, to “close” to nowhere near and out of Europe entirely.

That’s regressing. 

Didn’t they get closer to it last season than in his first ?

12 minutes ago, STM said:

If I was the Leicester board, I'd do my best to sign players who could be good for Rodgers or a future manager of a similar style.

Give Rodgers next season to get them back into the top 8 and if he's remotely failing, go and get Potter.

You can't go from Rodgers to Rafa. This is why clubs hire directors of football, to make sure that the recruitment of managers fits in with the recruitment of players.

Clubs that chop and change styles and methods, ultimately fail because their players aren't suited to the change in style.

Rodgers to Potter would be a perfect progression IMO.

Aye, probably (obviously) more beneficial to Rafa than Leicester.