Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

They'd be mad to sack Rodgers even if they've been underwhelming in the league

They won the FA Cup this time last year

They’d be the perfect redemption club for Rafa.

20 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I reckon Nketiah will stay at Arsenal now

Yeah, probably. He looks really good since his run in the first team, and seems to fit well with the other young players emerging at Arsenal.

Depends on whether they are already fully committed to bringing in a higher profile striker for the first team, as I think Nketiah wants to now be playing a lot more going forward, and they haven't been willing to guarantee him that.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Pardew got us 5th once. Mad that people forget how annoyed we got when people sprouted crap like that to us when we were understandably annoyed at the performances.

Rodgers has failed to get them CL Football twice in two seasons after they collapsed spectacularly from January onward. 

This season they’ve been crap and have been getting worse and worse. The FA Cup win masking a lot of failings.

Should they just keep him on and carry on deteriorating? It’s not like he hasn’t had time, or money.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Pardew got us 5th once. Mad that people forget how annoyed we got when people sprouted crap like that to us when we were understandably annoyed at the performances.

Rodgers has failed to get them CL Football twice in two seasons after they collapsed spectacularly from January onward. 

This season they’ve been crap and have been getting worse and worse. The FA Cup win masking a lot of failings.

Should they just keep him on and carry on deteriorating? It’s not like he hasn’t had time, or money.

I’d try and tempt potter, would he go though?

He also wanted to leave mid season for the Man Utd job 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

In fairness, Rodgers transfer spend has largely been offset by the sales of Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez.

Just now, Manxst said:

In fairness, Rodgers transfer spend has largely been offset by the sales of Chilwell, Maguire and Mahrez.

I meant he had money available to make signings and reinvestments, not that it isn’t held back considering how much the training ground has cost them.

Spent £30m on Daka and never seems to give him a run of games, despite always scoring whenever I’ve seen him. Seems a strange one.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They shouldn't realistically be in the conversation for champions league football though should they, an FA Cup win and 5th place finish is brilliant for them man.

I meant he had money available to make signings and reinvestments, not that it isn’t held back considering how much the training ground has cost them.

Spent £30m on Daka and never seems to give him a run of games, despite always scoring whenever I’ve seen him. Seems a strange one.

Daka has scored about 6 goals in the league this season, hardly set the world alight. He was anonymous against us

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

They shouldn't realistically be in the conversation for champions league football though should they, an FA Cup win and 5th place finish is brilliant for them man.

They could have been relegated this season without some good luck. :lol:

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Why shouldn’t they? 4th spot is (and has been) wide open for years.

Again, your post as condescending to Leicester as people used to be with us with Pardew, Bruce etc.

If I was the Leicester board, I'd do my best to sign players who could be good for Rodgers or a future manager of a similar style.

Give Rodgers next season to get them back into the top 8 and if he's remotely failing, go and get Potter.

You can't go from Rodgers to Rafa. This is why clubs hire directors of football, to make sure that the recruitment of managers fits in with the recruitment of players.

Clubs that chop and change styles and methods, ultimately fail because their players aren't suited to the change in style.

Rodgers to Potter would be a perfect progression IMO.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Crap like that :lol: The Pardew 5th season was a complete outlier in his career. Rodgers has had one poor season for the first time in ages and they still got to the semis of a European competition (albeit not a high tier one)

20 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Aye, he's punched above their weight two seasons in a row getting within a game of the CL, plus won the FA Cup. If anyone deserves another summer rebuild it's him.