Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

12 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Nice to see Timothy giving the ball away cheaply, just like he did against us.

Spurs could have had double figures easily. Reckon next season is the one Norwich stay down.

54 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is hilarious man. The first and last guys reactions :lol: 

I remember Cloughie doing that and there was hell on. Think he had to apologise to the fans that he clouted.

Good on him, I say.

7 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I remember Cloughie doing that and there was hell on. Think he had to apologise to the fans that he clouted.

Good on him, I say.

Didn't he give an interview stood next to one one of them and ended it by giving him a kiss :lol:

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Zinchenko was absolutely brilliant yesterday. Didn’t know he had that level of performance in him. 

He’s a strange player, goes from doing some really great stuff to looking awful and way off the pace. Can’t figure him out at all 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

He’s a strange player, goes from doing some really great stuff to looking awful and way off the pace. Can’t figure him out at all 

Aye he had a horror show against West Ham.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Just watching MOTD why was Jonathan Pearce saying Brentford won’t “hesitate to send Leeds down. The clubs don’t like each other?” Did I miss a beef between them?

Think they built up quite a rivalry in the several seasons they were both trying to get out of the Championship.

14 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Why have they cloned Vicki Sparks?

She should genuinely piss off and do the shipping forecast or something. Nothing whatsoever against female commentators/pundits, but shit ones like her and Karen Carney need binning off.

7 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Just watching MOTD why was Jonathan Pearce saying Brentford won’t “hesitate to send Leeds down. The clubs don’t like each other?” Did I miss a beef between them?

yeah - from the champo season.

"mind the gap" and all that.

9 minutes ago, midds said:

Bundesliga playoff game bubbling nicely atm. Currently 1-1 on aggregate and a few nerves and tackles starting to kick in. 

Don't really know that much about them but always find myself rooting for Hamburg. Keegan connection, fallen giant thing, great city plus I visited the stadium a few years back and it's a great arena. Hope they get themselves up. 

20 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Rangnick says he didn't know ten Hag was there and that they've not spoke in person? Wasn't the narrative at the beginning of the week he'd binned off Ajax's post-season trip and gone to the training ground? :lol:

This Man Utd thing is not going to work out well. Hiring Rangnick was baffling if he’s now going to be extremely part time, hasn’t set the blueprint for the new club, hasn’t talked to the new manager and won’t be around much next season. Waste of time. 

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't really know that much about them but always find myself rooting for Hamburg. Keegan connection, fallen giant thing, great city plus I visited the stadium a few years back and it's a great arena. Hope they get themselves up. 

Similar here :thup: Not quite sure why they've had such (relatively) shit times for so long, surely the size of them they should be a Bundesliga mainstay? 

Trying to think of the English equivalent of Hamburg now. Maybe a much bigger version of Forest? 

I was in a St. Pauli game a few years ago and been score checking both Hamburg teams after that. Hope HSV do it this year and St. Pauli follows them up soon as they seem to be on an upward trend and are really trying to be successful on the pitch now too.

Fascinating city in any case.

7 hours ago, Wullie said:
10 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Think they built up quite a rivalry in the several seasons they were both trying to get out of the Championship.

Aye. Jansson going to Brentford didnt help either. He was a hero at Leeds.

26 minutes ago, Paullow said:

2 ex Newcastle (youth) players started for Notts County, Cal Roberts and Kyle Cameron, but the former went off injured after I had switched it on.

The latter is their captain, or certainly is tonight. 

Seems to be a massive surge in teams conceding goals deep into injury time in important games these days - this game another one.