Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

I was impressed by Tuchel, I know they were fragile last season but considering what was going on behind the scenes thought somewhat understandable. But I don't really understand what his teams are doing, I get he wants to dominate possession and isn't going for quite the high intensity of Liverpool. This has worked out in his favour, he won the champions league because he controlled the ball and defended well. 

The Lukaku debacle seemed predictable, I thought he'd still score plenty but Chelsea build up so patiently to the point of boredom. Now they have signed Sterling who I think will be excellent but he hasn't made use of a very deep bench of excellent players, I don't know what Havertz does and it basically seems to be play all the wingers and wide players and then no-one up top, and we will pass it around a lot till a wing back scores a pile driver. It's such a confusing job. Heard some Chelsea fans referring to him as a fraud and thought they were spoiled twats but starting to wonder what Tuchel's plan is now he has plenty of time to build the squad how he wants...

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I was impressed by Tuchel, I know they were fragile last season but considering what was going on behind the scenes thought somewhat understandable. But I don't really understand what his teams are doing, I get he wants to dominate possession and isn't going for quite the high intensity of Liverpool. This has worked out in his favour, he won the champions league because he controlled the ball and defended well. 

The Lukaku debacle seemed predictable, I thought he'd still score plenty but Chelsea build up so patiently to the point of boredom. Now they have signed Sterling who I think will be excellent but he hasn't made use of a very deep bench of excellent players, I don't know what Havertz does and it basically seems to be play all the wingers and wide players and then no-one up top, and we will pass it around a lot till a wing back scores a pile driver. It's such a confusing job. Heard some Chelsea fans referring to him as a fraud and thought they were spoiled twats but starting to wonder what Tuchel's plan is now he has plenty of time to build the squad how he wants...

Aye. He's to blame for the poor attacking output. The build up is painfully slow. It's not like City with runners from deep and shifting roles, it's all pretty rigid.

7 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Is it too much to ask for Liverpool to trounce the Manc's tonight and then a mass brawl breaks out and a few Liverpool players get a straight red?

Speaking of which. Does Nunez miss our game? Or is it his first game back?

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Thanks ??

Apparently already kicking off at Old Trafford.

NAH MAN, I NEED ME FOOTBALL. Can't they protest peacefully with some cake or something. 

3 minutes ago, Ste said:

What are they singing?

He's gonna die,
He's gonna die,
Joel Glazer's gonna die,
How we kill him I don't know,
Cut him up from head to toe,
All I know is Glazer's gonna die.

Edited by geordie_b

Just now, geordie_b said:

He’s gonna die, he’s gonna die

Joe Glazer is gonna die

How we kill him I don’t know

All I know is Glazers gonna die

Bit grim like. :lol: 

Imagine a repeat of last seasons fixture at Old Trafford.