Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

7 hours ago, Astroblack said:

It does for me. Just shows a degree of arrogance Seaman had for not covering all bases. 

That save from Jorginho will stay in my mind forever. I thought it was all over and he pulled it off and it was a fucking brilliant save to boot. Shame we didn't win. 

Seaman was like 40 at the wasn't he? :lol: Pretty harsh to judge him on the basis of what he did at the tail end of his career.

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Haaland’s third goal is actually depressing to watch [emoji38]

Did the same, without the goal obviously, against Botman too. Simply unplayable in certain situations.

I don't think it was that. I think one of our players was fouled and then another one went and blitzed the player that fouled them. Maybe Schar. 

Edited by OCK

Guest HTT II

Very impressed with Palace yesterday, City just wore them down like they kind of did with us and Haaland is a beast. Everton look awful, they will struggle again this season. Brentford seem a bit lacklustre up front. Fulham look good and Arsenal seem to have a bit of grit about them. Bournemouth are doomed. Liverpool, aye they won 9-0, but they won’t get close to City this year. Man Utd look better on the eye, but I thought Southampton were the better team at several points, they just lack a goalscorer or a clinical one. Brighton look solid, they won’t loose many games, but won’t win lots either. Leeds, I feel a few defeats could send their season tumbling. Sterling will obviously get goals for Chelsea, he seems a far better fit than Lukaku as he’s more mobile and can go right or left or even central without being a traditional number 9. Leicester are fucked. Rodgers first to be sacked for me!

Alot saying its a crazy start to the season but I feel like every season has a crazy start.

There is always a couple of teams over achieve and under achieve in the first couple of weeks. It takes half a season for the league to start taking shape.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, STM said:

Alot saying its a crazy start to the season but I feel like every season has a crazy start.

There is always a couple of teams over achieve and under achieve in the first couple of weeks. It takes half a season for the league to start taking shape.

I’m happy for the so-called top 6 to take as many points off the rest (apart from us) because I feel anyone that consistently picks up points and doesn’t lose too many will finish as the best of the rest. I think it’s going to be a very interesting season either, maybe one of the most since the PL started. It all seems very exciting for every team really.

Just now, HTT II said:

I’m happy for the so-called top 6 to take as many points off the rest (apart from us) because I feel anyone that consistently picks up points and doesn’t lose too many will finish as the best of the rest. I think it’s going to be a very interesting season either, maybe one of the most since the PL started. It all seems very exciting for every team really.

Yep. Except for Bournemouth and Leicester :lol:

Guest HTT II
Just now, McCormick said:

Yep. Except for Bournemouth and Leicester :lol:

Aye, I fear for those two, Leicester still have a decent squad though.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Aye, I fear for those two, Leicester still have a decent squad though.

Yeah Leicester will be underwhelming but completely fine. It’d take a brave man not to have Bournemouth dead last this season though. Seemingly, judging by his post-Liverpool interview, even Parker wouldn’t put his money on that not being the case.

Guest HTT II
Just now, McCormick said:

Yeah Leicester will be underwhelming but completely fine. It’d take a brave man not to have Bournemouth dead last this season though. Seemingly, judging by his post-Liverpool interview, even Parker wouldn’t put his money on that not being the case.

I like Parker, he’s not done too bad as a rookie, but he seems a motivator of the underdog in a lesser league than someone capable of turning an underdog into a team that can overachieve in a bigger and tougher league. He seems very pessimistic, mind he probably looks at Forest in envy. They need to spend on some quality!