Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Ramsdale a madman and talented but celebrating every save is a little cringe. Back in the day, goalies would be batting their players away to defend after a save, this guy wants high fives. 

Why I’d rather have Pope in for England, too erratic like the Mackem.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Why I’d rather have Pope in for England, too erratic like the Mackem.

Yup. I love Pickford(for England, best goalie in my lifetime, I'm 30) but I trust Pope a whole lot more. Assured, composed, intuitive. The complete package.

6 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Yup. I love Pickford(for England, best goalie in my lifetime, I'm 30) but I trust Pope a whole lot more. Assured, composed, intuitive. The complete package.

Seaman?

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Seaman?

Not after that Brazil 2002 incident. Also don't remember him making pen saves in the 96 semi vs Germany or Argentina in 98. I always knew we'd lose a shootout with him in goal. 

Pickford saved vs Colombia, Switzerland in the Nations League and the most improbable when Jorginho(the best penalty taker I've ever seen) stepped up in the Euro final. He may be a Mackem, he may be shit for Everton but I've never seen him let me down for England. 

14 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Not after that Brazil 2002 incident. Also don't remember him making pen saves in the 96 semi vs Germany or Argentina in 98. I always knew we'd lose a shootout with him in goal. 

Pickford saved vs Colombia, Switzerland in the Nations League and the most improbable when Jorginho(the best penalty taker I've ever seen) stepped up in the Euro final. He may be a Mackem, he may be shit for Everton but I've never seen him let me down for England. 

Seaman saved penalties v Scotland & Spain in Euro 96, and in the shootout v Argentina in 98.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Seaman saved penalties v Scotland & Spain in Euro 96, and in the shootout v Argentina in 98.

Did he really? I still prefer Pickford. Mind, Seaman made the best save I've ever seen vs Sheff United in the Fa Cup Semi. I kind of like the fact that Pickford is quite relatively unknown within the game while Seaman was the Arsenal number one. Feel like Pickford has more grit when playing for England while Seaman didn't seem as bothered. That's just my view. I always saw Seaman as a joker for England. Gave his all for Arsenal but I didn't get that impression with England. 

9 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Fucking hell. Only just now saw the Liverpool v. Bournemouth score.

Will be a little bit sad for Wor Eddie when we break the all time Premier League record and smash 10 past Bournemouth at SJP in September.

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Did he really? I still prefer Pickford. Mind, Seaman made the best save I've ever seen vs Sheff United in the Fa Cup Semi. I kind of like the fact that Pickford is quite relatively unknown within the game while Seaman was the Arsenal number one. Feel like Pickford has more grit when playing for England while Seaman didn't seem as bothered. That's just my view. I always saw Seaman as a joker for England. Gave his all for Arsenal but I didn't get that impression with England. 

Seaman very rarely let England down. One freekick against Brazil from one of best players of our lifetime won't change that. 

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

And that's why I'm against starting attacks/playing out from the back from the back as your main starting point. See more mistakes with defenders and goalies getting caught on the ball than ever before. Do the ends justify the means? I don't think so. 

I'm pretty sure there's some deep analytics behind it. Kicking it long is basically a 50% chance of losing possession, potentially even higher depending on the players. No one notices it when you score from the possession you kept after playing it short but errors like Gabriel's are obviously really visible.