Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Kane will never ever be as good as Shearer was.

You're talking about a striker who's been relatively injury free at a team that's always at the top of the league vs one with 3 major injuries who spent half of his career at mid-table and who's peak was on a level Kane has never reached.

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Gerrard is not getting enough pressure for my liking.

He's forcing this Coutinho thing. Buendia and Bailey are better at this point.

I was over the moon when they bought him. He's washed.

Anyway, nice game from us yesterday. Yes, the opposition was weak but it does look like stuff is starting to click upfront. Lewandowski is a force, and Dembele is finally putting together a string of consistent games (until his next injury, I guess), he ran Valladolid ragged yesterday.

Dean Henderson has been unbelievable so far for Forrest like, despite being the cringiest bloke I’ve ever seen on a football pitch. As solid as Pope is I think Henderson will overtake him for the England shirt if Pickford loses his place (which he probably shouldn’t given he’s never let us down yet).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

:lol:

Plucky underdogs Barcelona.

We haven't really had good performances in the CL for a while, though. And even most of our recent deep CL runs have been capped off by embarrassing collapses. It's a monkey we need to get off our backs.

Kane 73 goals short of Shearer's record, and it's starting to generate a bit more discussion if he'll end up the Premier League's all time leading goal scorer.

Would you like to see him break the record (especially those who maybe didn't see all of Shearer), would you prefer he didn't, so that wor Al stayed in the history books, or are you not really bothered either way?

He's still 4 solid goalscoring seasons away though. I know it doesn't sound much but scoring 18+ a year on the bounce once you hit 30 years old isn't easy imo. I'd rather he didn't obviously but if he does then you've got to tip your hat and congratulate him massively.