Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest HTT II
20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What’s the point here?

In that our game is probably more taxing on players physically so they can burn out quicker or get more regular injuries?

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Can’t say I’ve watched much of Fabregas at Monaco, but Hatem is an anomaly and still looks very fit. Nasri yeah, strange one. But like Modric is 36/7 isn’t he? He still looks in good shape. I think players are generally playing longer now.

I think peds could have something to do with it, and more advanced diet and fitness programmes and players generally (especially abroad) looking after themselves. 

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I like Marquinhos and Kimpembe tbf, they just had a bad night. Benzema should get the ballon d’or without a doubt. He’s a better all round player than Lewa imo 

Benzema, 309 goals for Real Madrid man is staggering, especially as he was basically their give the ball to Ronaldo for him to shoot/score man for many years, incredible player.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

In that our game is probably more taxing on players physically so they can burn out quicker or get more regular injuries?

Don’t think that counts for HBA Nasri and Fabregas tbf. Each spent a lot of time outside the PL. 

You get Giggs, Milner, Barry, Vardy etc. having incredibly long careers at the top here.  But I do think playing in Spain is better for players long term careers. 

A good few of that great Madrid Sadie have had extremely long careers. Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Pepe, Benzema. A spine of leaders that must take good care of themselves. 

I told a friend this week. Pepe would’ve been better for Man Utd than Varane. He’s got the minerals for it. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t think that counts for HBA Nasri and Fabregas tbf. Each spent a lot of time outside the PL. 

You get Giggs, Milner, Barry, Vardy etc. having incredibly long careers at the top here.  But I do think playing in Spain is better for players long term careers. 

A good few of that great Madrid Sadie have had extremely long careers. Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric, Pepe, Benzema. A spine of leaders that must take good care of themselves. 

I told a friend this week. Pepe would’ve been better for Man Utd than Varane. He’s got the minerals for it. 

They did, but they played here at a relative young age, not si much HBA of course!

Didn't take Chelsea long to take the lead away at Norwich. Not too bothered about Norwich, but I was interested to see how the earlier news would have affected Chelsea. Possibly not in the way some would have expected.

Just now, brummie said:

That was absolutely easy for us. 

Leeds are doomed, we barely had to get out of second gear. 

Ted Lasso has basically kept all the weaknesses of Bielsa Leeds and removed the threat. 

Wtf is going on with Chambers? Ridiculous pass last game, and a beauty of a goal today. 

27 minutes ago, brummie said:

That was absolutely easy for us. 

Leeds are doomed, we barely had to get out of second gear. 

Ted Lasso has basically kept all the weaknesses of Bielsa Leeds and removed the threat. 

What do you think your odds are of keeping Coutinho? He'd need to cut 2/3rd's of it to stay, no? 

22 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

What do you think your odds are of keeping Coutinho? He'd need to cut 2/3rd's of it to stay, no? 

Rumour is we've already agreed the money with him.

The owners have got plenty of money and have poured a fortune in already, I think it'll come down to whether he feels he wants to play on here.

I love him. He's from a different planet. Planet Football. Probably.